Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Different Kind of Tag

The other day I was tagged by Angela of the My Pixelated Oasis blog. I love to visit her blog, not only for the outstanding photos she shares, but she has got a great writing style and sense of humor.

Here are the rules of the tag:
1. Get the book on your nightstand (or whatever book you are currently reading).
2. Open it to page 56 and find the 5th sentence.
3. Post the next couple of sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
4. Do not go and find your favorite book, it has to be the one you are reading now!
5. Tag 5 other people to do the same.

Now, Angela posted an excerpt from the book Life of Pi, which sounds interesting, but is definitely a FAR cry from what is on my nightstand! I will admit that I really enjoy romance novels...love the happy endings. And they are a nice way to wind down after a long day. That being said, I am currently reading All That Matters by Stef Ann Holm. In this book the heroine is the owner of a bakery that is doing really well, but the large corporation wants to take the land the shop sits on and she is fighting the takeover. Her love interest is the lawyer who works for the big corporation. Her grandmother, who raised her, has her own little shop and a love story going on as well.

Ethel set her things on the register counter. "I can smell the vile cigar fumes rolling out of his place when I keep my front door open on a sunny day. He's ruined the neighborhood with that nasty shop of his."

Chloe couldn't argue that point. After living with Bobby-Tom's smoking habit, she despised the smell of cigarettes to this day.

"How come you call him Buzz Lightyear?" Chloe asked, giving Boo-Bear a scruff behind her ear. Her tail wagged to show she was happy.

"Because I heard he's a retired astronaut."

"Really? That's cool. He's famous then."

"Famous is only an adjective. It all depends on the person, and not the infamy of his deeds."

 

I added a few more sentences because that last line seemed a good stopping point.

Here are the friends I'm going to tag...Kathi, Barb, Kim, Christi, and Erin.

Thanks for reading...this was different and fun. Happy

Jeanne

2 comments:

stampmonkey said...

How fun, Jeanne! Your book sounds interesting (and I love the name of one of your characters...Chloe...wonder why? -lol). I'm in the middle of trying to solve the mystery of getting a font downloaded. I'll try to post mine tomorrow. Thanks!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend. Did you see they're predicting a good chance of snow on Monday? Brrrrr! ;)

Barb said...

Hi Jeanne! Thanks for thinking of me...I'll get on this tomorrow! This really is a different type of tag...I want to see what everybody else is reading, too!

Snow???? We've got freezin' rain and wind, snow would be nice, but only on the weekend! LOL!