Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Elf Hat and a Dragon

I don’t know why my blog yesterday posted twice. Sorry about that.

This week is Spirit Week at the middle school and Amy is happily participating. Today is crazy hat day and for once, my kids have a sort of crazy hat to wear! I picked up a couple of these silly hats at the second hand store last weekend. Who knew they’d be such a hit with the girls?

105_0038 105_0041

Sorry about the evil red eye that Amy is sporting. She was giggly, promise.

Last night was her Girl Scout troop’s holiday potluck and Secret Santa gift exchange. The little gal whom Amy gave to loves dragons. So, naturally I went on a search to find a dragon pattern to crochet. And found a pretty darn cute one!

105_0032 105_0033 105_0034

Amy even tried her hand at crocheting a teensy bit and made the belly patch! Yay. I don’t think crochet is her first love, though. That’s okay. I first learned when I was young like her and didn’t really get into it until a few years ago. I only dabbled before then.

Anyway, this adorable dragon pattern is by Amy Gaines and you can find it in her Etsy shop here.  The gal who received this just loved it. Yay! *Ü*

We got a couple of inches of snow today and it’s pretty cold, so it’s starting to feel more like Christmas. The weather forecasters are teasing us and saying we might get some more snow on Christmas Eve into Christmas. That’d be pretty cool, but I’m not gonna hold my breath.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Let’s hope I don’t double post again. LOL

3 comments:

Happy Crocheter said...

Hi Jeanne!

Ohmygosh Amy is growing so much. Her elf hat looks adorable on her and that dragon is too. Thanks for sharing both of them. Apparantely we have snow too, but I haven't looked out yet. Have a great day.

Love and Hugs,
Tamara

Sharli Schaitberger said...

The elf hat is a hoot!!! I'm sure that the girls had the best crazy hats in the whole group! Your dragon is adorable - wayyyy to sweet to be a dragon!

Hugs!!

Barb said...

Amy looks so cute in that hat...with ears and all...LOL! So so cute!

Your crocheted animals are always so nice, Jeanne. I just love 'em! This little dragon is a sweetie, I love his little blue wings and horns.