Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Couple of Cards…

I was able to work on a few cards recently and thought I’d share. I picked up some Papercrafts magazines that were released recently to help jumpstart any mojo that might still be lurking somewhere.

This first card was inspired by a card I saw in a magazine.

105_0181

You just use a square punch and round off some corners. I added the idea to emboss the background piece. The sentiment is Mixed Messages from Papertrey Ink and I added a couple of little silver gems. The embossing folder is Paper Studio brand from Hobby Lobby. I used Heavenly Blue and Crystal Blue cardstock from Close To My Heart. Oh and all the rounded squares are lifted with pop dots.

105_0180

As part of a gift exchange with Steve’s family, I received this Spellbinders die set from his nephew. I wanted to send him a thank you using what he gave me. I had no idea how carefully you had to remove the cut shapes after you cut them. I’ve got a few torn practice efforts in the trash can. I like the intricate cuts, though.

Okay, I’m going to hit publish and see what happens. I’ve been trying to post a blog I wrote several days ago about the doll clothes I’ve been making, but for some reason, it won’t publish. It’s even timed out while trying to publish. I don’t know if it’s Live Writer or operator error.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope your new year is off to a great start!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

These are so pretty!

Barb said...

Great cards, Jeanne! Thanks for sharing the tip about the rounded squares...it's a very cool look! LOVE that die! It is very intricate, but oh so pretty! I'm glad to see you posting a few cards. ;)

Hugs,
Barb