Sunday, January 27, 2013

Valentine’s Day Cards

I recently acquired the Close To My Heart promotional kit, Whooo’s Your Valentine and had some time today to play with it. Or rather, to play with the stamp set that comes with the kit. Thought I’d share what I came up with. Hope you like! The first two cards I’m sharing were inspired by cards I saw on Pinterest.

110_9958 Here’s the card I saw that led me to create this first card. It’s the third card as you scroll down the blog post. What I really liked on this card was the embossed lines. I have to be honest and let you know that it took me a couple of tries to get the lines embossed because I kept going too fast and my bone folder would jump the track. I added a heart gem that I had in my stash. I thought about adding a bow to the top ribbon piece, but I kind of liked it left alone. I cut the heart using the Artiste cartridge Real Size at 1 1/4 inches.

110_9957

This card is pretty much a case of this card using the hearts from the CTMH kit. I liked using the Cuttlebug heart embossing folder, which I’ve had for years, but haven’t really used. LOL I liked the look of kraft and Blush. The images are stamped with Hollyhock ink and hand cut (maybe what they call “fussy” cut?). I used a Fiskars border punch for the scallops.

This next card is the result of my playing around a bit after seeing this card in my Reader. I really like the end result and wish I could get a better photo of it. If I don’t use flash when my camera says to, my images end up really blurry. Unfortunately, the ribbon is satin and kept catching the flash. I think you get the idea, though.

110_9956

I’ve got a neat woodgrain embossing folder that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. It’s their Paper Studio brand. When I saw the card I linked above,  I decided to play with inking up this embossed piece of Kraft. I used some Brown Bag, Chocolate and Cocoa ink from CTMH. I then played with it being a sort of monochromatic look and while the ink looks a lot darker, the images are inked with Cocoa. Like I said, I am really happy with how this card came out. I think it’d be a nice masculine and non traditional Valentine’s card.

Well, that’s it from me for today. Thanks so much for stopping by! Til next time…

4 comments:

Happy Crocheter said...

Hi Jeanne!

I love your Valentine's cards. I especially love the owl one. Thanks so much for sharing.

Hugs,
Tamara

Alanna said...

These are all so fabulous. I need to dust off that heart embossing folder. And I just adore how the owl card turned out .

Kay Miller said...

All three of these are just adorable! I love the embossed stripes on the top card. So pretty! And those little owls on the last one are so cute! I need them! I don't recognize them. Are they retired of in the new catalog? Love them!

Barb said...

Sweet, sweet cards! That little owl one has captured my heart! I am glad you stuck with it on the first one, with the scoring...it turned out great!