Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Feel Better and Hello Cards

Hi There!
Don't faint. I've got a couple of cards for you to see. 
:)

We are on Spring Break in my neck of the woods and after running a couple of errands this morning, I shooed the girls outside for a bit and got to work on a card. Sneaky, huh? 

Actually, this first card I have to share was made by my daughter, Jessica. 
My husband contacted me yesterday to say that one of his co-workers has been fighting some kind of bug or illness that the doctors haven't been able to diagnose. He thought it might be nice if Jessica made a card for her. You see, Jessica has gone to Take Your Child to Work Day with him for the past several years and she's gotten to know some of my husband's co-workers. She and this gal have developed a nice relationship. She was happy to get to work last night, with a little assistance from me (and even one instance where I messed up her image enough that she had to start over with coloring. Oy, Wink of Stella does not always play nicely, I found out. Jessica was not happy with me over that, but gamely colored one more image). Hopefully this card will help her friend feel a little bit better.
I had to take the photo at night, so the lighting was not very good. But I think you can see what she did.  She likes to color with my pencils and odorless mineral spirits and I think she is pretty darn good with them (I'm probably a wee bit biased). The stamps are from Lawn Fawn's set called On the Mend and the paper is from Doodlebug's Hello Sunshine 6x6 pad. The white flowers are from Making Memories...I've had the set of ribbons wrapped on a tall card for years! It's nice to use a little of it. 

Below is the card I worked on today. Yes, I pretty much cased it. I was inspired by the card featured here on the Lawn Fawn blog.


I only have one set of stitched rectangles, so my frame came out a bit wider than the one she showed in the video. The gingham paper in the background is from the same Doodlebug pad (Hello Sunshine). The clouds I inked myself. I stamped a cloud image using the cloud stamp from the set called of all things, Hello Sunshine. I cut out the cloud and used Sky ink (from Close To My Heart) and a sponge to create the cloud/sky background. The flowers and bird are colored with my pencils and odorless mineral spirits. Unfortunately you can't really see the line of glitter pen I added to the chest of the bird and the edge of the flower centers. (I was afraid to use the Wink of Stella, especially after my little mishap last night using it). I popped up the frame with foam squares to give it a little dimension. The hello stamp is from Lawn Fawn's Gingham Backgrounds set. 

Anyway, I'm happy with how this turned out. Makes me think of a field of daisies on a summer's day. 

That's it from me today!
Thanks so much for stopping by.
I appreciate the visit and hope you are having a good day.
:)
Jeanne

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanne! I always love seeing your card creations and now to see one that Jessica did is so cool. Of course I know you are very proud of her. You are passing traditions down to your girls of sending cards and notes to people and that is not done enough anymore. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs, Tamara

Kay Miller said...

Wow!!! Both of the cards are wonderful! Looks like you have a budding little card maker on your hands! She is fabulous! Beautiful coloring! Your card is amazing too! You did a lovely job CASEing it!! Your coloring is perfect! So glad you have had some time to stamp! Shoo those girls out some more! heheh! Enjoy your break! :)

Pop's Cards said...

Both gorgeous creations sweetie but that cute little bird on the second one has stolen and melted my heart, love them, hugs Pops x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

This lovely card would certainly cheer me up. Way to go Jeanne x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

This lovely card would certainly cheer me up. Way to go Jeanne x

cm said...

Fabulous! Your daughter's card is absolutely delightful, with the coloured floral border and the sweet vase of smiley flowers in the center. Amazing colouring; guaranteed your husband's co-work had her spirits lifted in receiving this gem! Your card, Jeanne, is definitely smile-making! The big, sweet blooms, the humming bird, the spring scene...dazzling! I'm feeling joy just looking at both of these works of art! I agree with Kay: shoo those girls out some more! Recreation for them AND you! Happy Saturday!
Hugs~c

Barb said...

Both are such sweet cards, Jeanne! I love that you and your daughter craft together.

Your "hello" card is adorable! So cute that you used gingham paper for grass. And your clouds are superb, my dear! They are the perfect backdrop for those sweet daisies.

Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Barb:)

Barb said...

I just clicked on the photo to enlarge it and you do a FANTASTIC job with colored pencils and mineral spirits! I thought it was Copic markers!!



Kelly Latevola said...

Clearly Jessica likes bright colors. My kinda girl ;) Yours is beautiful Jeanne!