Friday, February 12, 2016

I've Been Coloring!

 Hi There!

I hope this finds you doing well on this Friday before Valentine's Day. I've managed to sneak in some coloring time. Not only coloring, but I created two cards to boot! *Ü*
 I was inspired by cards I saw on the internet. And I tweaked the ideas to become more my own.
Here's the inspiration for this first card.
I pretty well followed the same idea. As you can see, the heart color changed and I chose to use hugs instead of love. I cut that hugs out of glittered fun foam. It's hard to see in the photo, but I ran my Wink of Stella pen around the outside edge of the heart because I felt it needed something. All the stamps are Lawn Fawn. The coral/pink cardstock pretty well matches the heart on the envelope. It's from DCWV. The images are colored with pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. The heart is inked with Spun Sugar Distress Ink. I die cut a Spellbinders heart to use as a stencil. Gosh, I think those bunnies are so darn sweet!

Here's the inspiration for this second card. My card evolved into something quite different from the inspiration card. Mainly I really liked the colors this cardmaker used on the monsters. I tried to see how close I could get using my pencils. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. Then I started playing. Not too long ago I got these Stitched Border dies by My Favorite Things from my local scrapbook store. I hadn't used them yet and was itching to play around. I thought the angle of this one was interesting. I heat embossed the sentiment and the hearts onto the black background piece. I originally did the two surrounding the sentiment, but the other side looked too bare, so I added the three, but there was a smidge too much space open, so I added a bit bigger heart at the corner. I liked that look. I used a striped background stamp in yellow just to be very non traditional. I picked Close To My Heart ink colors that I felt looked pretty close to the colored images and random stamped the little hearts on the bottom piece. There are some white gel dots  and some Wink of Stella on them, too.  This card makes me smile like the first one. 

Thanks so very much for stopping by! 
I hope you have a great day and a happy weekend.
Hugs,
Photobucket

8 comments:

Kay Miller said...

Awwww those turned out just adorable! So glad you had time to color!! Your coloring on the little monsters is fantastic! I love the soft heart stenciled in the background on the bunny card. Such a cute idea! Love the stitched borders with the sentiment inside on the second card! The black looks great with it too! Amazing work on both of these! Happy Weekend! ((Hugs))

cm said...

Oh my...those bunnies are exponentially cute! I don't have a single bunny stamp/die in my collection, so that needs to be remedied! As for your monsters....hahahahaha! Those little dudes make me laugh! Your colouring is fantastic and the angled panel where you've nestled the sentiment is so eye-catching! Another twosome that has me smiling!! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! May your day be filled with hugs, kisses and chocolate...in abundance!
Hugs~c

Alanna said...

Such cute cards Jeanne. I love the soft pink heart behind those adorable little bunnies on the first card and how they are holding the envelope.

And those monsters on the second card are just too cute. I love that the card has a soft feel to it even though there are cute little monsters on it.

So glad you were able to sneak in some coloring time and crafting time. Yay!

Anita in France said...

Oh, Jeanne, those bunnies are simply adorable ... gorgeous against that softly sponged heart ... and perfect with the shimmery sentiment! What cute monsters ... your colouring and white detailing is fantastic ... and that background DP is so fun! Thanks so much for your warm birthday wishes ... it was lovely to have you visit! Hugs, Anita :)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Delightful cards, Jeanne! Both of them! The bunnies are precious and for some reason make me feel calm. The angles on the paper, and the in-between space, are amazing and really let these cute monsters take center stage! Sorry it's taken me so long to visit! Hugs!!

Patti said...

So sweet!! did you mask that heart in your first picture? These are just the most adorable cards!!

Patti

Barb said...

Adorable cards, Jeanne! And I am the lucky recipient of that super cute card with the bunnies! Your photo doesn't do it justice. It looks awesome in real life and that sparkly, puffy HUGS, is sooooo nice! I love it! The monster card cracks me up with the punny greeting! Very cute cards!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie I love these they are both super cute, the colours are so nice too, hugs Pops x x x