Monday, August 8, 2016

Ink Blending and Treehouse Coloring Page Update

Hi There!

I fiddled and futzed around today. I couldn't seem to settle down on one project for whatever reason. 
I finally decided to try some Distress Ink blending. One day last week, I came across a pin that captivated me. That led me to The Colours of Magic on Instagram. I can't remember which pin it was that lead me to Bianca's account, but I ended up watching thisYou Tube video. I've been on the hunt for that narrow Post It tape that she uses. Apparently it isn't sold locally, so I ordered this from Walmart. I hope it's the right stuff. In the mean time, if you check out this talented gal's Instagram account, you will see she shows many lovely blended color combinations. Since I have to wait for my order to come in to make the neat looking stripes, I tried my hand at some ink blending. 
Here's how Peacock Feathers, Scattered Straw and Worn Lipstick turned out for me. 
At first I wasn't too sure, but the combination is growing on me. Some of the other combinations she uses, include colors I don't own...yet. :)

I also worked on the Treehouse coloring page for the first time in what seems like weeks. I finished the trunk of the tree and added some color to the accessories around the tree house. 

I thought I messed up the trunk. I was definitely feeling a bit rusty when I first sat down, but hopefully it doesn't look too bad. 

Boy, looking at this picture, that base for the treehouse sure stands out. Hmmmm...maybe it won't so much after I'm done coloring. Otherwise I might need to add something to tone it down a little. 

That's it from me today! 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Hope you've had a great day!

Hugs,
Jeanne

8 comments:

Patti said...

I think the trunk looks great! I love seeing your progress. Your ink blending is spectacular!! can't wait to see what you do with it!!

If you find the narrow Post It tape works for you do share the information! I'd love to order some too!!

Patti

Barb said...

Very cool ink blending. That's a great color combo...reminds me of sherbet.

And I'm loving how your coloring page is shaping up! Keep up the great work!

Hugs,
Barb :)

cm said...

Yummy colour combination on your fabulous ink blending, Jeanne! I'll be sure to explore the link you shared, as often I'm not sure which colours pair best with one another. Result: I end up with the same old, same old. Change is good (as is adding to my distress ink supply *grin* Saving until I head to the city where I can pick it up from a local craft supply gal). Your treehouse: spectacular! I love the 'pop' of colour...reminds me of the pretty 'spotlight' colouring that I see appearing around blogland. Excited to see how you finish the piece; whatever direction you decide, the results will be outstanding!
Hugs~c

Kay Miller said...

Oh I do love that color combination with the distress inks! I'll have to make mental note of that! Your blending is beautiful too! Wow! Your coloring page is gorgeous! I can't figure out what you don't like about the trunk though. It looks perfectly wonderful to me! You've been looking at it too long! :) So fun to see what you've been doing! Hugs my friend! :)

Loll said...

Your colours for ink blending are really bright and saturated. Not easy to mix colours like that, but you have blended them flawlessly. Great job! Your tree house is so beautiful and it's great to see your progress along the way. Loll :)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love the tree house! Photos don't always look like the real thing, and your coloring is magnificent! I love the blended colors too, you are very good at that technique! Hugs!

Bianca said...

Hi Jeanne! Thank you so much for mentioning me in your post, well done on the blending! I love the tree house too! <3

Bianca said...

Hi Jeanne! Thank you so much for mentioning me in your post, well done on the blending! I love the tree house too! <3