Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Easter Trifold Card

When I saw this card on the Paper Creations by Kristin blog, I was instantly smitten! I thought it was absolutely adorable and I really wanted to make that card. Unfortunately, I don't have the svg files that she used in my stash and it would have been way too pricey for me to buy them for one card. So, unless the site has a super awesome sale, I'm out of luck on those for now. 

BUT, I do have a Cricut and I do have some cartridges with some similar style cuts, so I sat myself down and searched and by trial and error along with a SplitCoastStampers tutorial on how to make the card base, I made my own version of this card. I'm pretty tickled with the end result. 





I took this shot to show how the card folds so if you wanted to mail it, it could fit an envelope.

I used cuts from Create a Critter, Create a Critter2, Doodlecharms, and Simply Charmed
Most of the cuts are in the 1 1/2 to 2 inch range.

I had fun searching for most of the images, but that bottom center panel was giving me fits. I couldn't find a bow that I liked, which is what the inspiration card had. I cut a swirly thing, but it didn't match the feel of the rest of the card, so I pulled it off. Then I thought I'll just tie a bow, but I didn't like that either. As I was searching my ribbon, I came across a spool of the wired little pom-pons that I picked up at Christmas time, but never used. Hmmmm....those could be little bunny tails! I suppose it might work better if I added circles underneath, but I liked it on the pink ribbon. 

The letters for Easter are from a font on my computer called Showcard Gothic. I printed out the word in the size I wanted, then I cut out the letters. I put them backwards on the piece of cardstock and traced them and cut them out of cardstock. I could have used Make The Cut and the Cricut, but to be honest, I'd been working on this project most of the day yesterday and I was getting tired. It was easier for me to sit and do this over lugging my machine to the computer and hooking it up and cutting, then lugging the machine back to my craft space. LOL

Add a little inking around the edges, some white gel pen dots and bling here and there and it was finished.

All in all, this took a lot longer than I'd planned for, but I think the effort was worth it in the end.

Hope you are having a happy weekend so far.
Thanks for stopping by! 
*Ü*
Photobucket

9 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, this is such an amazing card!

Teresa Kline said...

such a fun card, luv all the color!

enjoy *~*

VickieW♥ said...

Ohh my that is cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Jeanne! That's a wonderful card. Thanks for sharing.

Love and Hugs,
Tamara

Alanna said...

WOW Jeanne,what an amazing card. I love all the details and I especially love that you are willing to put in the time and try something like this.

It is just darling. Whoever receives it is one lucky person.

Barb said...

Well, my goodness! Look at you! This card is a fabulous work of he{art}. I just love it! It's so colorful and bright and loaded with details.It definitely shows that you've put a lot of time, thought and love into it. Beautiful! And I love the "bunny tail" pom-pons! Adorable! Great job, Jeanne!

Hugs,
Barb

Carolyn said...

Stinkin Cute!! :)

Kay Miller said...

You are one talented lady!!!! This is totally amazing!! I love all the different little cut outs! This must have taken you hours! This is some serious cuteness!! Save this one for someone special!! heheh!! So sorry I have missed commenting on your beautiful creations. I have been so busy and got behind on everything! Sure love seeing what you're doing though! :)

moknowsall said...

i saw your link on Kristen's blog. Fantastic card and love that you used cricut carts for the card. I was looking for sizing, but no one seems to list it. I have the card from Scrapping Chicks, and don't see sizes there either.

maureen
moknowsallcrafts.blogspot.com