Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Floral Cards and Amy's Ow

Greetings from soggy Colorado! It's been very rainy here today and the high may not have gotten much above 60 degrees. Quite interesting for the end of July. We'll take it, but I sure wish California could get some of this moisture. :( 

I wandered into my crafty space yesterday and had enough mojo to make two cards! Yippee! One I actually stamped and colored last week, but I had to fussy cut the pieces out, which I did while watching TV. I was inspired by this card on Pinterest. Actually I pretty much just cased it using some Vintage Summer paper I had. I also used Lawn Fawn's So Much to Say for the sentiment. 
I colored the images with Prismacolors and blended with odorless mineral spirits. I also used some gems from Hobby Lobby and some from Michaels (two colors of red). I added a bit of Wink of Stella to the blue tips on the ends of the stamens. 
If I didn't have something to follow, my "cluster" wouldn't look near this good. LOL

My second card was my take on this card by Kay Miller. Her work is very inspiring and always makes me smile. Thanks, Kay!
I used the same arch looking Sizzix dies she did. The floral paper is Doodlebug (Fruit Stand), the green cardstock is Co'ordinations and the yellow is Buttercup from CTMH. The stamped flowers are from Girls Rock by CTMH and are stamped in Holiday Red, Watermelon and Sunflower. The tag is a Spellbinders die using a piece of solid red Doodlebug paper. That gingham is from Hobby Lobby. I popped up the flowers and the tag. How about that? I managed to pull a card together using a lot of resources. LOL 

I have to share something Amy made recently. She has really enjoyed using her Rainbow Loom and has created many bracelets, earrings, flowers and even a cover for her tablet. Last week she created this:

Isn't it adorable? She found the video tutorial on You Tube and followed along. 
So impressed and had to share. 

That's it from me today. Hope you are having a great week!
Thanks so much for stopping by.

*Ü*
Jeanne



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanne! As always your cards are lovely. You do such beautiful work. And oh my gosh Amy's owl is adorable and she did such a great job on it all by herself. I think she must have got her talent from someone I know. :) Love and Hugs, Tamara

Laurel said...

Oh my goodness, such pretty cards and that owl is amazing!!!

Alanna said...

Fabulous cards Jeanne. I'm so happy your mojo found you. I love the large cluster of flowers on the first one and that arch on the second card is so pretty.

And how wonderful for Amy that she was able to make something so cute. She obviously has talent and takes after her very talented mother.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

These cards are wonderful!! I am blown away by the owl! I thought only bracelets came from the loom stuff - clearly I am mistaken! Excellent work, both of you! Hugs!

Kay Miller said...

Oh I'm so sorry I'm late with my comments! These cards are amazing my friend!!! OOOOH that first one with the fantastic cluster is just gorgeous! I think I'm going to have to CASE you this time!! Totally love it!! And thanks so much for the mention :) I think you did an amazing job on the "Kay" card!! I love your pretty bright colors and the little sentiment frame is so cute! And Miss Amy!!!! Wow!!! That is awesome!! Tell her I said that! I would LOVE to watch her make one of those and follow along right beside her! That is too darn cute! I still want one of those rubber band loom things!! haha! You have a wonderful weekend! ((Hugs))

Darnell said...

It IS adorable and so is Amy with her beautiful smile!! I love both of these gorgeous floral cards, Jeanne! The rain is certainly putting your Mojo in overdrive!!

I wish you could send some of it here; I will happily send you lots of heat in exchange!! Here's hoping you have a drier weekend and we have a cooler one! Hugs, Darnell

Barb said...

The two cards you created are just fabulous! So colorful! I love them.

And Amy did a fantastic job with her owl! I am sooo impressed! It's just gorgeous! I love the colors. Great job, Amy!