Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friendly Lion

I've been trying to get into my crafty zone for a few weeks and for one reason or another, it hasn't happened. In the meantime, I've been working on a crocheted lion off and on. I finally finished him (her?)last night and thought I'd share. This is the lion I started before Christmas and quickly realized he/she was too big to finish in time to give to Amy's teacher.
 See that mane? That's the part that I've been working on off and on. The rest of it was done, but the thought of having to do what needed to be done to make that mane kept putting me off.
 I had a couple of rows done, but the remaining space looked so big!
 Finally, I decided to bite the bullet and just git 'r done.
 YAY!
I used a mulit-colored yarn for the mane, called melonberry, and would crochet a chain of 10 and make the stitch, then another chain of 10 and so and so on.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are having a great weekend. Amy's basketball team just played and won their first game of this session. They looked and played great! Yay!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute!

Kim Burmeister said...

Another great creation! I love how the mane matches the tail. Great choice!

Barb said...

Very cute, Jeanne! Little lion with a multi-colored afro! LOL! LOVE it! :)

Gloria said...

Love it!! Good luck with the kitchen project. I know exactly what you are going through... been there, done that!! LOL

gloria in Utah :)

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just the cutest! I love the hair!