Whenever the girls are home sick, I like to hang out with them and keep them company. This meant I had lots of extra time (in between taking care of Jessica) to work on the giraffe I've been crocheting for Amy. And, happily, I finished it yesterday! Amy was quite happy when she got home from school. She promptly named her new friend, Flower. I found the pattern for this project here. The motif used to create the doll is called African Flower, which is what inspired Amy with her not entirely original name. But hey, it's her doll.
Instead of regular worsted weight yarn, I used size 10 crochet thread from my stash. It's the type of yarn that one typically uses to crochet doilies. Most of my stash is Aunt Lydia's brand. It really wasn't too hard to put together, although in all honesty, I did mess up a few times sewing incorrect sides together. That certainly wasn't the pattern maker's fault, but operator error. LOL In the end, it was a fun project to work on.
I'm glad Amy is happy with her new friend.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
I hope you have a great weekend!