Sunday, April 5, 2015

Finished a Crochet Project for a Friend...

Hello Friends!

While I was not successful in creating a single Easter card this season, I have finished a project I've been working on for several weeks. I'm pretty happy with the finished product(s).

A good friend of mine emailed me to ask if I'd be able to create an item she found online. Normally, I might say no, but she is a very good friend. :) Going by the picture alone and some of my crocheting background and patterns, I managed to cobble together a fairly decent replica of the picture she showed me. These are gifts for people working with her on an upcoming weekend event that is Hawaiian themed.

Are you ready??

 Hula Minions!
Aren't they so  fun and yes, funny?!
*Ü*


They are about 3 inches tall and I've attached them to a key chain.


Don't they look like they are ready to hula (or maybe do the Rockette kicks) here? 
Hee, hee!

So, this is what I have been working on lately. I'm happy to have been able to help out my friend with this project. 

I used size 10 crochet thread (Aunt Lydia's brand) and a size 1 crochet hook. I also used 6mm safety eyes. They are stuffed with fiberfill. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a lovely holiday and a happy Spring!

Hugs,
Jeanne

9 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh my gosh lucky friend!

Alanna said...

Wow these are so amazing. They make me smile and what a food friend you are. I can't imagine how much time this took you.

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodness!! These are just the funniest cutest little things! I still can't believe you came up with all of that on your own with no pattern!! You're quite ingenious!! I know your friend was thrilled! Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend! (Hugs)

Kelly Latevola said...

Oh my goodness! How freakin cute are these guys?! Ahhh I love them to pieces!!

Pop's Cards said...

Love, love and love these (you have my address right to send them ;0) ) well jealous I had another go over the weekend and you would pee your pants of you saw my attempt I can do triangle pmsl that's how they end up, been on you tube but its so fast for this slow girl...

The chalks, right they are pencils that are chalk, I add white highlights so if I was doing a skirt the lighter fold would have a chalk line down it and I rub it with my finger to blend it in, cheating really but shhhh, it is great for cheeks too...

The pond that is frog spawn, the frogs are not about they are under the water, as soon as they pop up I shall photo them to show you how funny they are...

Have a great day sweetie, hugs Pops x

cm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cm said...

ACK! Your hula minions are phenomenally adorable! Love their grass skirts and their coconut bathing suit tops! You've even added flowers to their hair! Eeeee...yes, I'm squealing with delight at how cute these are! You, my dear, are incredibly talented and your generosity in making these for your friend speaks volumes as to your awesomeness! Love these oodles and oodles! Going back for some more close-up gazing and admiring! Have a marvelous Tuesday!
Hugs~c

Barb said...

These are JUST adorable! Sooo very cute, Jeanne! You are a Crafting Genius! I know your friend loved them!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

These are such a fun project! I love the things you do with crochet, Jeanne! Minions! What could possibly be next?