Thursday, July 23, 2015

Two CAS Cards using Stamplorations Stencils

Hi Friends!

I have a couple of cards to share today. Yay! A couple of weeks ago I commented on a new to me blog called After-Hours Ink & Flowers. Oh the beautiful work that Laura Jane produces. You should check it out. Her profile picture is so sweet! I adore her hat. She wears is beautifully. Anyway, I didn't pay attention to the part of the post that talked about a giveaway, I just wanted to comment on the lovely creation. Imagine my surprise when I got a comment from my friend Carol of Just Me:c saying I needed to contact the gal at Stamplorations as I had won some blog candy! What!?! Apparently my name was selected from the comments on that particular post. Whoo hoooo! Last weekend I ordered a couple of stencils and they arrived today. Yay! Fast shipping that arrived in plenty of time for me to play. :)

I ordered a stencil (or maybe it should be called a mask) called Shower of Flowers thanks to Carol. She completely inspired me with this card. I loved the colors! Here is my take using the stencil/mask, Ripe Persimmon and Tattered Rose distress inks. The sentiment is Avery Elle Oh Happy Day and I wasn't sure where to put it. I think it works. I added, though you can't really see it in the photo, some Wink of Stella all along the inside edges of  the white spaces on the butterflies for a little bit of sparkle. Thanks so much Carol, both for the heads up and the inspiration!!

The other stencil I ordered is called Leaf Prints and I chose to ink it with Twisted Citron and Squeezed Lemonade distress inks. The sentiment is from the same Avery Elle set. I added the Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins for a touch of bling. 

I could have added more layers to the cards, but I really wanted the stencils to shine this first time using them. These were so fun to play with. I think I will have a lot of fun trying out different color schemes and backgrounds with them. 

Thanks so very much for stopping by.  I hope you are having a great day. 
Photobucket

8 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful cards, Jeanne! I love the colors you've used. Congrats on the win!

Darnell said...

Oh, good call on stopping, Jeanne! I think these cards are perfect just the way they are! I can see the wonderful influence from Carol on your first and the second leaf card just melted my heart! Congratulations on the win - you really made your NBUS stencils sing!! Hugs, Darnell

Pop's Cards said...

I love them both so creative but the butterfly one is my fave simply stunning sweetie hugs Pops x

Kay Miller said...

Ooooh how fun that you won the stencils!! You sure did a beautiful job showing them off first time! I adore the butterfly card and the two colors of inks are just beautiful! The leaves are so cute too, and I love the added sequins! I agree that the stencils stand alone perfectly on these two spectacular cards! ((Hugs))

cm said...

JEANNE! Apologies for the late commenting; we're on a rather 'extensive' road trip...but here I am, cheering and applauding the AWESOME cards you've created with the two stencils you won! The butterflies...perfectly inked and the sentiment, perfectly choice and placement! Swooning, my friend! And the leaves are pure loveliness, especially with that classy sentiment. You've done wonders with these!! And thank you for the shout out...you sure know how to make me feel special! Next step: link these lovelies up to the STAMPlorations Anything Goes challenge (http://stamplorations.blogspot.ca/p/stamplorations-anything-goes-challenge.html) Fingers crossed you'll win yet again!
Hugs~c

Alanna said...

What fun stencils. I especially love the butterfly one. The ink blending on your second card is superb. I love the gradation of color.

Congrats on the win and getting to purchase these new stencils. Always fun.

Kelly Latevola said...

Whoo hoo! Winning is always fun! Congratulations. I love both of your cards so very much! The color blend on those leaves is brilliant :)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Jeanne, your stencil/mask looks awesome! I love them both but the leaves with the combination of yellow and green really appeal to me! Great cards!