Tuesday, December 29, 2015

It's So Sparkly, Too!

Hi There!

I hope you had a lovely holiday and are ready for the start of a brand-spanking new year. Our Christmas was quiet, but nice. It's been quite nice to have some downtime. Wish it was a smidge warmer, but it's winter, so I guess I can't complain too loudly.  Amy got a new Wii U game called Yoshi's Wooly World. It's pretty neat because all the graphics look like the things are created by being crocheted or knitted-if you watch the little video you'll see what I mean. The girls are much, much better at the game than I am, but I keep playing, dying, and laughing like a loon.

Today I managed to do a little playing in my crafty space. Here's what I came up with. I didn't "copy" anyone here (and you may be able to really tell). I pulled out a bunch of snowmen and snow related products and told myself to just play. This is what I ended up with. There's lots of sparkle!

The stamp set is Lawn Fawn's Ready, Set, Snow. The pattern paper (which you don't see used too often these days) is Doodlebug's Frost Friends (as are the snowflakes). The glittery base is glittered fun foam from Michaels. There's a Hero Arts background swirly stamp used. I remember being so enamored with that stamp a couple of years ago and I had to have it. Of course, I've not used it nearly enough. Today, I pulled it out, stamped it with Versamark ink and poured a silvery sparkly embossing powder from Michaels over it and heat embossed. Then I tried adding some distress ink (Broken China and Milled Lavendar) to create a sky. I probably should have done the inking first and then the embossing, but I was really playing and going with the flow. The images are colored with my colored pencils and today is the first time I played the purple pencil. It's gorgeous!! 

Edited to add: My friend, Carol, of Just Me:c left me a comment about a challenge on the Simon Says Blog here. She felt I should enter this card into the challenge. I decided to go ahead and try it. Thanks for the information and the link, Carol. We'll see what happens. There are a lot of entries. Great place for inspiration, that is for sure. :)

That's it from me for right now. Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you are having a great day.
Photobucket

10 comments:

Barb said...

Hey there, Jeanne! Your card is adorable! I love your pencil coloring skills and oh! the sparkle on here is AMAZING! You've created a very sweet, snowy scene!

I'm glad you and your family had a nice Christmas. And I'm super glad you've had time to be a bit crafty! Maybe you can treat us to another creation before your break is over. :)

Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Barb :)

Laurel said...

So adorable, love the little snowmen!

Kay Miller said...

Oh it's just adorable! You did an amazing job without CASEing! I knew you could :) The colors are so pretty and LF and snowmen are some of my faves! I love the patterned paper. I have never quite gotten over patterned paper. Hoping it comes back into style soon ;) I'm so glad you had some time off and got some crafting time! I love to see your cute creations! Have a happy new year my friend!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute and so fun
Happy New Year!

cm said...

Sweet, wonderful Jeanne, your snowglobe card is absolutely knock-it-out-of-the-park A-DOR-A-BLE! The Doodlebug paper is a perfect background for your little globe, and the wee snowmen, in the wintry scene you've nestled them in, are darling! I need to start using some of my patterned papers more often; so thank you for sparking a 'reminder'. Playing the Wooly World game with your daughters has me smiling alllll over my face; what a wonderful way to bond with them and create memories. Once they're back at school, you can practice and then, won't they be surprised when you show them your skills! The sounds of laughter throughout your house: how heart-warming! What an awesome mom - and friend - you are! Thank you, again, for your visits and comments; you truly do brighten my day! May 2016 be ultra fantastic for you and your family, and may part of that a continuation of our friendship!
Hugs and love~c

cm said...

Guess whoooooo? I'm back to say: RUN this fabulous card over to Simon Says M Monday Challenge, as it fits perfectly: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=3305 Fingers crossed you win!
Hugs~c

Maura said...

We are glad your friend mentioned use you joined in the fun! This is such a cute card, love how you put the images inside the snow globe, Jeanne! Love your color combo too! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for the Monday challenge! Happy new year!

cm said...

Happy Thursday, sweet friend! Yours is my opening reading for the morning and, once again, you've planted a smile on my face! You are such a treasure! Sending you a big hug *squeeeeeeeze*!
~c

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a darling card! I bet it won!!!
Sorry I'm so behind - I am just getting caught up after the holidays!
Hugs!!

cm said...

MWAH to you for your sweet comments, my friend! I'm glad you liked the wee whales: Lawn Fawn!! Wishing you a fabulous Friday!
Hugs~c