Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Card in a Box Valentine

Earlier this month I came across a neat looking pin on Pinterest. It was a picture of something called a "card in a box." I was definitely intrigued. The pin led me to this blog post on the Serene Stamper's blog. I printed off the directions and got to work. I forgot to share this after I made it and I hope you don't mind seeing another Valentine project well after Valentine's Day. You could create any theme you wanted.




I took several pictures to show that I was able to fit the folded box into an envelope sized for a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card. Now I didn't write any notes on my sheet and I cannot remember for sure if I modified any of the cuts to make it fit. Something is niggling in my brain that I might have. So, I'm mentioning it, should you attempt this and wonder how I got it to fit in the envelope. 

I used Doodlebug papers and a Close To My Heart stamp set that was only available last year for a Whoooo's Your Valentine promotion. I cut the hearts using Spellbinders dies. 

Hopefully, I'll be able to head back to my crafty corner one of these days in the not too distant future. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you are having a good week so far. 
Jeanne

11 comments:

Alanna said...

What a neat card. It's so cute and I honestly can't believe that it's able to be folded up and fit in a regular envelope. Just fabulous!

Laurel said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

OMGSH, it's adorable! You are right, it could be shamrocks, Easter eggs, flowers, stars . . . A whole host of things! What a fabulous idea!

mE said...

I looove this! I have seen bix cards on Pinterest lately but have yet to try one. Yours is so fun and happy and I love the use of the CRMH kit. I have one and have only opened it to look at the papers.

Xoxo,

E.

mE said...

Ok Miss Sharli, get to it.. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Jeanne! Your Valentine in a box is adorable. Thanks so much for sharing. Love and Hugs, Tamara

Barb said...

This is A-dorable! I love the patterned papers and the stamps and the design...just the whole thing! So glad you shared the photo of it going into an envelope. I never would have believed it! You are such an awesome crafter! I wanna be like you when I grow up!

Hugs,
Barb :)

Kay Miller said...

Well holy schmoly!!! That is totally amazing!! Wow!! Jeanne that is just the cutest, more adorable, so beautifully constructed Valentine card I have ever seen!! And it fits in an envelope???? If you hadn't shown a picture, I would never have believed that! I LOVE it!! That is really really neat!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

This turned out adorable! I've been wanting to make one!

Dawn said...

Oh, my goodness! I just saw these, too & instantly fell in love with them! Aren't they the coolest idea?! ~ and yours turned out AMAZING! So lovely, Jeanne!

stampmonkey said...

Ah-ha! Now I see how these card in a box things are done --so creative! Your Valentine box is adorable, Jeanne! I love your selection of supplies for this one...so fresh and love-ly. ;)

hugs,
Christi