Friday, March 7, 2014

Thoughtful Flowers Card

I came across this pretty card on Pinterest this morning and immediately wanted to see if I could make a version of it. I had the Hero Arts cling Garden Bouquet stamp, but I didn't have the Distress Inks. That's okay, I had some new to me Close To My Heart ink pads that I felt would work instead. Here's my version of the card:

The colors from top to bottom are: Creme Brulee, Sunset, Smoothie, and Pear. I just sponged the colors onto the one inch strips I cut after I heat embossed the image with white. Then I adhered the strips to a scrap piece of paper and foam dotted that piece to the card base. The sentiment is from a Hero Art clear stamp set about friendship. It doesn't have a name on the packaging. Looking at it now, though, I might have to change it because it doesn't really make sense now that I see it this way!

Thanks so much for stopping by. 
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Jeanne
*Ü*


6 comments:

Laurel said...

This is just so pretty! Love the colors and the embossing is beautiful!

Kay Miller said...

Ooooooh those colors are just beautiful!! So springy and lovely! Reminds me of sherbet! I love the way you layered the colored panels and stamped the floral stamp on top! You did a stunning job on this Jeanne! So happy you've had time to play! :)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

This is very pretty! I forget how nice it looks to simply heat emboss an image and then sponge color around it. I love this card!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card just like its creator. ;) Hugs, Tamara

Barb said...

VERY pretty! The colors are just yummy.

stampmonkey said...

Beautiful job recreating this stunner, Jeanne! The colors you used are so spring-like and happy. (Is the new-to-me CTMH color Pear anything like Sweet Leaf?)

hugs to you,
Christi