Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It’s a Christmas Card!

The one and only card I’ve managed to make this holiday season, no matter that I bought supplies to make cards. Oh my! LOL Why is it I always think I will have more time than I actually have to complete projects? I guess I am a positive thinker. ;)

105_0027

I colored this sweet image called Stocking Goodies from Whimsie Doodles with colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits. Isn’t she just precious? I love the sentiment as well, which says, “May your stocking overflow with goodies.” I would have kept the sentiment only I tried to sponge the background and messed up. The piece actually ended up in the trash until yesterday when I realized I could “fussy” cut out the image and still use it. (Slaps forehead with palm). I pretty much cased this card on the Whimsie Doodles blog. My papers are from Martha Stewart’s holiday matstack and Recollections Jolly Holiday stack.  I pop dotted the image as well. The numbers are cut on my Cricut, using the Storybook cartridge.

I honestly tried to make a couple of other cards, but it didn’t go so well. I am so very rusty at stamping anymore. It’s almost like I don’t know how to stamp now. So sad. I didn’t have time to color up another image, unfortunately. And my Cricut was giving me fits by not cutting really well. Let’s just say any other crafting yesterday was an exercise in frustration. LOL

What’s been keeping me busy? I have been sewing  some doll clothes for the girls for Christmas. Well, for the dolls the girls have(and will get very soon), more specifically.I don’t have a dedicated space to sew, so I have to pull all my supplies out to the living room and set up shop, then put it all away when I’m done and before the girls get home from school. I’ve also been crocheting, still. More? Again? I am also working on a knitting project when I can.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I know I’ve been a sporadic blogger and I really do appreciate your visits!

2 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Jeanne,

What a sweet image! I'm glad you saved it - she's just darling!

Hugs!!

Alanna said...

What a great card. That image is adorable. Good luck with your sewing and other projects.