Saturday, September 14, 2013

How About a Card?

Hello!

Anyone there? It's been a while, hasn't it? I didn't intend to take such a long break between posts. I've been reading blogs and commenting, but my creative spark has all but extinguished these past several months. Can't say that I've gotten it back, but I did play some today and figured I'd share, just in case any one still stopped by. ;)

I had a birthday not too long ago and my friend Becky gave me a set of Spellbinders dies...the kind where you cut, fold and tuck. The set is called Angle Approach and after Googling images using these, this is what I came up with. She also gave me a section of the Mbossibitilies folder she purchased. Love those dots in the diamond shape. (Thanks so much, Becky!)

The paper is Miss Caroline from My Mind's Eye(because it's double sided) with a bit of CTMH Buttercup cardstock. I also used a doily to help set it off. The ribbon is from my stash and if I remember correctly, I got it at the Dollar Tree a long time ago. The pearl is from Michaels Recollections brand. 

On the home front, the girls have started a new school year and are quite happy with their classes/teachers. Amy is in beginning band and is learning to play the trumpet. She is thrilled and quite willing to practice so far. Jessica is looking forward to another year in choir which starts next week.

My dad came to visit this summer, as he does every year. We had a great visit. Don't you love his bright green shirt from Barbados? He got to go on a Caribbean cruise this summer, lucky duck.

 Dad loves Joe's Crab Shack and this bib was just too funny. 

Jessica has joined the rest of the family in being fully nearsighted and both girls got some new specs.



I don't want to bore you with "what I did on my summer vacation", so I'll stop here. Although I must share that we went to South Dakota to visit Steve's family, and we took part of a day to drive to DeSmet, where Laura Ingalls Wilder lived (author of the Little House on the Prairie books). I'm a huge fan. Jessica has read them all, so this was a wonderful opportunity for us to be able to see where she and her family lived for part of their lives.  It made me very happy. And now I'm done.

Thanks for visiting and I hope to be able to post on a more regular basis.
Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Laurel said...

What a pretty card and your girls are getting so big!

Kay Miller said...

Oh how fun to read about your summer and see the pictures too! Your dad is adorable and he looks like a fn guy! Love his shirt and that bib! haha! The girls look cute in their new glasses. I joined the "needs glasses" group this year also :) Now to that card.... OMG! It's stunning! It looks like it would take hours to do that! Probably not with the nifty spellbinders die, but it is really pretty! Your colors and choices of paper are wonderful! So great to see a post from you! :):):)

Gloria said...

Well, I totally understand about the funk of not wanting to create anything. I've had it for about 2 months now myself. I guess I just overdid during the summer because of different events early on. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the card!! It does look like it took hours, but like Kay said, it probably didn't because of your nifty tools. And your dad... you are so lucky to have him. Mine left me in 2000. I still have my mom tho. :) Post when you can. I love seeing all that you do. But life and those girls and hubby are important too.
gloria in Utah :)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Jeanne,
Wonderful cards - I'm taken aback by how much the girls have grown - my goodness they must have had a real spurt this summer! Beautiful girls!

The autumn one is darling - the blue owl and theme of autumn with what I think of as more summer colors makes it "happy"! Very nice - perfect for Colorado. I hope you're not floating away - I hear there is too much rain! Hugs!!