Saturday, October 11, 2014

Glittered Trees Car

Happy Saturday to you!

I have a card to share...yay! Last month there was a Scrapbooking and Stamping Expo in Denver. I decided at the last minute to go. I had been working on going through boxes in the shed and decided to reward myself with this little jaunt after I was done for the day. It had been several years since I'd been to a show like this and I thought it'd be fun to check it out. It wasn't very big, bit I managed to find a few things to bring home with me. 

One of the first booths I saw as I walked in was one that was highlighting a technique I'd seen samples of  at my local scrapbooking store (they teach this technique in a class) and fell in love with the look. You use super sticky adhesive tape, microfine glitter,outline stickers, and for most crafters, Copic markers . You can use Spectrum Noir markers. You can also use Sharpies/Bic markers, but blending colors would be difficult, if not impossible. I do not own but just a couple of Copics (light blue, gray and a few skin colors), no Spectrum Noirs, but I do have a bucketful of Sharpies and Bics. I admired the samples. I just love the glittered look. In the end, after watching the lady demo the technique, I could no longer resist. I bought the stickers and glitter and a 6x6 size sheets of adhesive.  

Basically, you adhere the one side of the double sided sticky tape to white  cardstock, take off the covering of the second side,  pour the clear glitter over the cardstock creating a glitter sheet. Then you put the outline sticker on top of that sheet. After the sticker is attached, you take your markers and color in the open spaces on the sticker. You cut out the pieces and use them on your card or scrapbook page. With Copics or Spectrum Noir markers, you can blend the colors to get beautifully shaded images. Not difficult, but the results can be stunning (in my humble opinion).   Here's a link to the Elizabeth Craft website. Look in the header to see what the technique is really supposed to look like. Here  is my first attempt with the technique.
Not quite as pretty as the cards on display(or on the website), but okay, I think. I hope you can see the sparkliness(you can click the image to enlarge it)! I tried to make the trees look fallish with the colors I chose. Once I cut them out, I didn't quite know what to do with them. I fiddled and futzed with a lot of layouts, but in the end decided to just keep it simple. 

Supplies:
Elizabeth Craft fine micro-glitter in Warm Diamond
Super Sticky double sided 6x6 adhesive sheet
Krazy Kloset outline stickers
Sharpie Markers
Darice swirling leaf embossing folder 
Hero Arts Happy Thanksgiving stamp set (sentiment)
Cardstock-my stash, Hobby Lobby (black) and Coordinations (orange)

That's it from me for the moment.  Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you have a great day!
Jeanne

6 comments:

Alanna said...

This is such a cute card. I love this technique and have wanted to try it but am intimidated by it. I do have the supplies for it though. :) I think you rocked it.

I'm glad you were able to go to the expo. Sounds like fun.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love how this looks! What an interesting technique! I also have very few alcohol markers, but am gradually collecting them. You managed nicely with your stand-ins!
Hugs!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Loving the autumn tones on this fab CAS card x

Barb said...

Bravo! I think your card is adorable! I love this technique. It's easy and produces fantastic results. The colors on your card are perfect for this time of year!

Kay Miller said...

Oh wow! I enlarged your photo and I can really see the sparkly glitter!! It is really pretty! What a fun technique! I'm going to have to look into this! It would really make wonderful Christmas accents! Thanks for sharing the technique and your stunning card! I do love the layout and the embossed background too!

Inkyfingers said...

What a beautiful sparkly card! Glad you enjoyed the craft show and found some more goodies.