Thursday, June 30, 2016

A Couple of Cards to Celebrate and a New Colored Page to Share

How is it the end of June already? Yikes! Before I know it, it'll be back to school time and my days of relaxing will be gone! I'm relaxing so well, I've barely made any cards! Ruh-roh. I've got a few things to share today though. :)

First up is a card I made after being inspired by this one by Nichol Spohr Magouirk. I thought it was adorable. I don't own any of those fancy schmancy watercolor pens, but I do own some watercolor pencils and that is what I used on this card. I also just used Lawn Fawn's Here's the Scoop set. I don't own the other one she used. Can you see the sparkle on the thanks? I added the new Spectrum Noir sparkle pens to my stash and am really impressed with how shimmery it looks.



Next up is a card that my daughter Jessica made for her sister, Amy, who just turned...gulp, 15 last weekend. Oh my word, now we have to think about all new kinds of milestones...like driving. Nope, not gonna do that just yet. I'm not ready. Even if she's chomping at the bit. LOL


Anyway, not that I am biased or anything, but I think Jessica did a fabulous job on the card. I showed her this one made by the fabulous Kay Miller and she was eager to get started. She modified it to have purple stripes as purple is Amy's favorite color. :)
Awww...sisterly love. 

I have been struggling to sit down in my crafty corner to work on cards because I've totally been bitten by the coloring bug. Thanks, in large part, to You Tube. I am awed by the coloring talent that is out there. I am also so thankful that they film and share how they are coloring the pages for all of us newbies to watch and learn. 

I want to thank you so much for the very kind and encouraging comments that you've left for me in regards to my coloring. They mean a lot to me and I am truly touched that you like what I color. I am not trained in art in any way. I struggle mightily to come up with ideas on my own. Give me a blank page, or an uncolored image, and I really don't know what to do. I have spent lots of time trying to come up with something appealing on my own from scratch and it is extremely frustrating for me. I just cannot do it. So, I copy. I see something I like and I try to recreate it and put my own spin on a part of it. It may not be a huge change, but I will do something a bit different that makes it more my own. But the inspiration is always from a source that is not me. That's why I never call myself an artist. I don't feel like I am one. I'm a copier for sure. And I always credit the project that inspired me. 

That being said, I saw this video on You Tube and fell in love with the colors. And I had to color the page using those same colors. You saw one of the combos on my bee page.




Aren't the colors so pretty? This dragonfly is in The Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford. 


The video is in three parts and I have to admit, the quality of the video isn't that great. She said in the comments that this was the only video that she has made that was of the poor quality. But I didn't really care. I set up my tablet at my table and colored along with her, stopping when needed. There is a third video on how she did the background and I didn't really like how it looked, so I opted not to add color to the background. I am very happy with how this turned out. 

I've already started another page. 
Hooked, I tell you. I am hooked!

Thanks so much for stopping by. 
I hope you have a happy day!
Hugs,
Jeanne

6 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh My! Your bee was stunning but I think I love this dragonfly even MORE! Breathtaking!!
Hard to imagine Amy is 15. What happened? Have I really been blog-friends with you that long? You have (had) little girls . . .
Hugs!

Barb said...

Jeanne! Your frosty treats card is adorable! I love the watercolor pencils on that! And your "thanks" is oh, so shimmery! Those Spectrum Sparkle pens are awesome!

Jessica's card is super cute! I love the hearts in the candle flame. She's turning into quite the card maker!

And I am sooooo happy you're making time to color. Your dragonfly is jaw dropping gorgeous! You are SO good with colored pencils. I can't stop looking at it. The colors are beautiful. FANTASTIC job! I look forward to what you're going to share next!

I hope you and the girls are enjoying your Summer. You're right, it will be over before you know it! Savor every moment! LoL!

Hugs,
Barb :)

Pop's Cards said...

These are so very pretty but the dragonfly has stolen the show, maybe it is because I love them, we have 2 that come visit the pond they look kind of blue but I can never get a photo of them, they are so magical. hugs Pops x

Kay Miller said...

Oh my! I don't really care that you copy or what you do, because your work is amazing! Your coloring skills are incredible! That dragonfly is really just stunning! The shading is spectacular! And oh how I love that cute popsicle card!! Especially since it's sitting right in front of me where I can see it real well :) The candle card that Jessica made turned out so cute! Thanks so much for mentioning me too :) She did a wonderful job, and I love the sisterly love photo! Too cute! Have a wonderful weekend and a happy forth of July!!

Anita in France said...

Your ice cream card and Jessica's candles are delicious, Jeanne ... and that's such a cute photo! Oh my, your colouring ... it's stunning ... I don't think you need any other colouring medium ... you use your pencils to absolute perfection! Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

Excuse me while I catch my breath, my friend, because your post goes from one dazzle to another to another! Your frozen treats card is amazing; smitten with those fabulous pastel colours! And Jessica's card is absolutely amazing! She needs to start linking up to challenges; Seize the Birthday's Anything Goes would be a perfect place to send this sweet gem! WOW...looks like artistry and creativity run in the family. And your dragonfly...oh my stars! GORGEOUS! I'm thrilled that you're hooked on colouring, because WE get to see the stellar results! You MUST (yes, I'm being pushy) share these at The Daily Markers 30 Day colouring challenge! You'll WOW the audience as you have me! As for 'copying'? Nope...everything you do is infused with your special touches, which makes it, in my books, totally original! Off to see what's next...I'm intrigued! Oh yes...silly question but what kind of pencils do you use? I may need to add to my collection. The sisterly love photo: heart-melting! A pair of sweeties (just like their mom!)
Hugs~c