Monday, May 28, 2018

A Few Shadow Box Cards to Share

Happy Memorial Day to my US friends and Happy Monday to those from other countries. Thank you for stopping by.  I sure wish I could have gone "see" my dad today. He is in a military cemetery in California, and I'm sure there were flags put out as well as a ceremony of some kind. I gratefully thank our service members for their service and sacrifices for our freedom. 💗

I had hoped to work on more cards today, but instead the girls and I worked on making a strawberry rhubarb pie  to bring for dessert to the bbq we will be attending later this afternoon. It's our first, so we are hopeful it will be tasty. The rhubarb was picked from our little garden. :)

I thought you might like to see what I worked on yesterday and Friday. I was again inspired by the super creative Mayra of Mayra's Designs. She's been making all kinds of scenes and many of them are Disney themed using Lawn Fawn products. I sure had fun putting these together.

While I didn't have the same frame she used for her card, I used an MFT Collage Frame and I think it worked great. 
I used Fintastic Friends, Mermaid for You, Life is Good and You are Sublime stamp sets. The banner is from the Ocean Add On to the shadow box card dies. The sane is a hillside border die. You can't see them very well, but I did use an MFT cloud stencil to add some Tumbled Glass distress ink clouds. 

Here is my version of the shadow box card Mayra inspired. I cut out some LF watercolor paper for the background and for the sea weed. A few of the sea life creatures are attached to strips of acetate to make them look like they are floating. 

And finally, this is my take on the Happy Trails shadow box card she created here.


I had a lot of fun with this one, too. I added a shooting star, which I thought was neat. All the stars are die cut from DCWV glitter card stock. A couple of stars are attached to acetate to look like they are so close you can touch them. 

A friend of mine is moving to the mountains, and I thought this would be a unique way to wish her well on her new adventure. 

That's it from me for now. 
Thank you, Mayra, for sharing your fantastic creativity and inspiring me to create these cards. You  have a few more that I will probably case as well. 

Thank goodness for all you creative people! I sure appreciate you!

Happy, crafty hugs!


9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Thank you for leaving a comment. :)

Darnell said...

Seriously, Mayra should be complimented by what you've done here and in the prior post, Jeanne! It's one of the best jobs of CASEing I've ever seen! You rocked the underwater world with your waving hello card and shadow box, right down to every last sweet detail! And your camping shadow box brought back lots of happy memories of our camping days! Love the shooting star! Your friend will cherish it always!! Keep on sharing! I'm going to fill out the "follow by email" so I don't miss it when you post again! Hugs, Darnell

Sharli Schaitberger said...

OMGSH! I love the little crab - he reminds me of the "I Pinch" commercial from many years ago! Your scenes are so beautiful - and playful, too! EXCELLENT work!! Steve does all the strawberry rhubarb pies around here - they are delicious! I'm sure yours was also!

Alanna said...

You’ve been busy and Mayra should be so honored to have you done such an amazing job on these cases of her cards. Brilliant and super fun.

How neat that you and your girls could make a pie together and especially with rhubarb from your garden. Very cool. Hugs!

Happy Crocheter said...

I just love seeing your little embellished cards. :) Thanks for sharing

Kay Miller said...

Awwww Jeanne those are absolutely darling!! You did a beautiful job on both of these! I totally love the mermaid themed card on the collage frame! And the two shadow boxes are beyond adorable!! Your coloring is excellent my friend! So glad to see you are having fun crafting!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Jeanne ... you've created such wonderful little works of art ... what fantastic scenes ... all three of them! Fabulous colouring and just the cutest little images! What a lovely idea to create the 3D mountain scene for your home-moving friend ... it's sure to be treasured! Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

I'm completely crushing over your duo of delightful shadow box cards that are sure to be placed in prominent places, as home decor, by the lucky people receiving them! Your underwater scene is wonderfully charming...and how cute is that little smiling crab! As for the camping/mountains version: perfect for your friend, striking off on new adventure. Actually, a 'real life' version of the little trailer might convince me to go camping (so done with 'tents'...no way!). A shooting star...I'm going back to make a wish!
Although you've drawn inspiration from Mayra, these cards are truly 'yours', filled with your special touches and, most important, infused with joy! It's clear that you had a blast making them!
Did you say strawberry rhubarb pie? I'll be right over...one of my favourites!
Hugs~c

Kristie said...

Jeanne, I just love all your beautiful cards! The shadow box cards are so fun! You created such adorable scenes. I really like the use of acetate to make the sea creatures appear to be floating in the water. How sad for you to be losing a friend as she moves away to the mountains. But I know she'll just love the card you created for her. :)