Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Lemonade Box Car

 Hello!

June 1st started Kathy Racoosin's 10th (!!) 30 Day Coloring Challenge and I am doing my very best to play along consistently. So far, I've been able to post something each day. I will say that I am posting to Instagram regularly, but I know I have blog readers who don't "do" Instagram. I will try to post here as well. Today I am sharing the card I completed today. For the coloring challenge, you don't have to create a complete card, but since I am on break from work, I'm doing my best to get  cards made. A kind of "reward" for the house chores I've been trying to catch up on. 😉

The girls are working the Stem Camp at school this week, so it's nice and quiet around here, too.

In early May, a gal I follow on Instagram, named Mona Toth, posted a Lawn Fawnatics Challenge card. You can see it here. It is an Instagram picture. Anyway, isn't that the neatest 3D card? I couldn't get it out of my head. Today, I decided to try to create a version of her card, but as a Box Card.  I used many Lawn Fawn products for this card. Make Lemonade, Enjoy your Day, Milk and Cookies, Simply Celebrate, Baked With Love just to name some. I could have used others, too. Anyway, I fiddled and futzed and played until I came up with this:
 I have the card sitting on its back to get this shot. The best straight on picture I could capture.

 I added the be and the butterfly with a strip of acetate so they look like they are flying.
I also added a little bit of Nuvo Crystal glaze on some pieces for extra oomph. There are items with Spectrum Noir glitter pen, too. I colored all the images with Copic Markers.

Thanks so much for stopping by. 
I hope you are having a wonderful day!

11 comments:

Laurel said...

I love this! The colors and of course that stamp set! Great job!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for stopping by! :)

I Card Everyone said...

I so wish you had more time, Jeanne! Just LOOK at this amazing card, with its darling cast of characters... each one just beautifully colored, and shaded - you most definitely have a way with cute, my friend!!!
Off to see your IG friend's card... LOve this so much!
=]

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... this is SO ADORABLE Jeanne!! Love your layers of fun with this box card. Seeing this card makes me happy!! Great work, my friend! xx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love your box card!!! You are so smart! This leaves me thirsty, too! LOL
I'm so glad the girls are doing a STEM camp - that is AWESOME!!! Girls Rock!!

Kristie said...

Amazing card! The pop up box cards are so fun! I love your version of Mona's card with the lovely table setting and all the darling LF stamps. Thanks for sharing! :)

Anita in France said...

What a work of art, Jeanne ... cute, clever and so inviting! Thanks for posting this here ... I'm one of the don't-do-instagram-ers! Hugs, Anita :)

Jeanne said...

Oh how I wish the comments were showing up in my inbox. Thank you SO much for the kind words and encouragement. So happy you like my little box card. :)

Kay Miller said...

Seriously this is the most adorable card I have ever seen! Everything about it is just amazing! Your coloring is so wonderful and the whole design done in the box is sweet as can be! You outdid yourself on this one!! Love it! So glad you are having fun with your stamps! ((Hugs))

Darnell said...

I just saw your comment, Jeanne, so someone must have shared with you to comment yourself as soon as you publish and then the comments will come to your inbox again. (I just saw how late I am visiting this post, so it might have been me, lol!) It's a TOTAL pain remembering to do it, so I hope they put it back the way it was soon!

Now for the best part: your popup card CASEing Mona is exquisite! You should be so pleased with this! Every little detail is impeccable executed and totally bright and cheery! I'm so delighted you are getting lots of Jeanne Crafty Time!! Hugs, Darnell

Patti said...

Oh Jeanne! you outdid yourself with this delightful card!! I love the colors you used and those happy smiling lemons just make me smile!! Your bee and butterfly on acetate was a brilliant idea friend!! : )

Patti