Wednesday, January 2, 2019

First Card of 2019!

Hello again! 
Are you shocked? Another post from me? LOL Gotta love when I am on break from work and can work on cards. Don't get too used to seeing me so often.  I should be cleaning house, but where is the fun in that? There are cards to be made.
But first, had to share this picture. 
My daughter, Jessica, blows me away with her nail art. She has so many nail polishes I've lost track. She says probably over 100 bottles! She watches You Tube videos and then recreates the look for herself. These adorable reindeer are what she did for Christmas. We were at an appointment regarding her wisdom teeth the other day and the doctor stopped, almost mid sentence, to admire her nails. LOL It was too funny, because he said he never notices people's nails. 

And now, onto my card. Today is my husband's birthday so I had to make him a card. He and Jessica both are quite fascinated with space. And wayyyyy back in October or November I bought a bottle of black Brushos pigment powder thanks to the enabler extraordinaire, Kristie Marcotte. She made a card in October that just mesmerized me(It's card 13, the cauldron). Then she made this card for Christmas that I thought looked so cool(she actually sent that card to me. I'm a lucky duck). I decided to break out the Brushos today to make a fun background. I was inspired by Kristie's card, but put my own spin on it. 
I used Lawn Fawn's Winter Skies set, but made our whole family colored with Copics. :) The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's Beam Me Up stamp set. For the background, I used the Black Brushos and then added some Perfect Pearls. I also tried to add some watered down white acrylic paint. Um... I really need more practice with that technique. I quit before I ruined the background. Anyway, the camera didn't pick up on the shimmer in the background or the moon. I also used glittered cardstock for some snow. It looks pretty neat in real life. And I've got some black fingertips to show for my efforts. ;) Hope he likes it. 

And that's it from me today. 
Thank you so much for stopping by! 
I hope you have a terrific day.
Crafty hugs!

10 comments:

Laurel said...

Your daughter is talented as are you! Lovely card!

Anita in France said...

What a brilliant galaxy background, Jeanne ... no wonder your sweet (and beautifully coloured!) family are sitting there in the frosty chill admiring it all! Happy Birthday to your DH ... he must have loved his card! Cool nails ... and such fun for Christmas! Hugs, Anita :)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Just beautiful! This is a very special card - that background is amazing and does look just like space! I'm also impressed with the nail paint - so cute - Jessica did that herself?? WOW!

I Card Everyone said...

So happy to see ANOTHER post in my mailbox, Jeanne!!! You might just want to hang out with us more often this year? We can only hope so!
Your hubby's birthday card is OUT OF THIS WORLD - OKAY, couldn't resist! We are stargazers too, and watch for every opportunity for meteor showers!
Awesome card, incredibly cute nails... a totally wonderful, talented, family!
=]

Patti said...

Happy Belated birthday to your hubbers! and a great big BOW to Jessica!! what a fun and talented daughters you have!!

You created a night sky any star gazer would love!! I really love it!! I bet your husband did too!

Happy New year friend!!

Darnell said...

I'm sure he loved it, Jeanne, and was very impressed by that sky, as am I! This is truly sensational and I adore your little family of snuggled up bears! It's a delightful take on Kristie's card!! (And I was really wowed by your daughter's nail art, too!!) Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Kay Miller said...

Oh gosh! If I had nails that pretty I would doodle all over mine too! Jessica's nails are adorable! And she looks like she might be quite the artist too! Your card is so pretty!! Oooooh that background is amazing! Beautiful coloring with your Copics too! So glad to see you posting more! ((Hugs))

Happy Crocheter said...

Hi Jeanne! Your daughter is very talented. It looks like the leaves don't fall far from the tree. LOL And Happy Birthday to your hubbie. :)

Jeanne H said...

I really, really love your birthday card for your hubby. Also like your name. Teehee

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... Jessica is so talented. Her reindeer nails are AWESOME!!

Love your sweet card for your hubby's birthday. The sky is fantastic. I have bought some of the black brushos, but not used them yet ... have a LOT of things waiting! :) One of the best galaxy skies I've seen Jeanne! And how adorable with the Tomshack huddled together star watching. Adorable! xx