Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year! I've Got Projects to Share...

Hello!!
Happy New Year! 
I hope 2019 will be filled with lots of crafty things for you. 
I also hope I am able to finagle a way to create and share more this year. 
I'm going to start out with a bang, I think.
I've got a few things to show you. 
I was talking with a friend yesterday about knitting and crafts. I realized I go through phases in my crafty life. There are years when I crochet a lot, or knit a lot. Lately, I've been doing lots of counted cross stitch. I learned how to do it with my mom when we were on vacation at friend's house here in Colorado back in the late 80s? I don't quite remember.  I've enjoyed it ever since, though. :)

I have a friend who loves foxes and I found a really unique fox pattern that I stitched as a gift for her. 
I found the pattern on Etsy. It was fun to stitch. 


My friend's daughter is a huge fan of wolves. I've looked for years for a good wolf project to make for her. Finally, I found one that I thought she would like. 


My friend and her daughter seemed to be very happy with their gifts. 
I know I really enjoyed creating them. 
I do handwork in the evenings when it is too dark to make cards. 

Unfortunately, I had need of a sympathy card this past week. 
I had a sketch setting out and I used it along with paper from an older DCWV paper pad called Linen Closet. Remember when those were available at Joann's? Love this paper. Thought it was pretty for this card and I do hope it offers some comfort. 


And to end on a bit more of happy note, here's a card I created recently using MFT's Cool Christmas stamp set. Oh gosh, I bought so many stamp sets for Christmas cards this year and I didn't get to use them! But I used this one for a non Christmas card. 

I had fun coloring it with Copic markers and sort of futzing with the design. My friend Kay makes really fun scene cards in this vein and that's what inspired me. I used MFT's Petite Plaid pattern paper for the background. I also used Lawn Fawn's Mountain borders for the mountains. Those snowmen just make me smile. 
Here's a bit of a close up.
 These pictures were taken with my phone, so if they are slightly blurry, that is why. 

Thank you so much for stopping by. 
I appreciate the visit. 
Hope you have an awesome start to your new year. 
Crafty hugs,


9 comments:

Anita in France said...

Your counted cross stitch is fantastic, Jeanne ... these are both such lovely gifts ... that stunning fox especially caught my eye! Soft and serene sympathy card with those gentle colours ... and such a fun car full of snowmen! Wishing you Bonne Année, Bonne Santé! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Woo Hoo! Look at you go... way to start the year, my friend!
I am in awe of these gorgeous cross-stitched projects, Jeanne! As cute and fun as that fox is, the Wolf is absolutely phenomenal! You must have a really good light by your chair!
Two cards? Wait, who are you!!?? he hee… LOve that Snow-clan in their Family Truckster!
Happiest New Year, sweet friend!! xx
=]

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Woot!! Jeanne is posting!! I am envious of the needlework - both pieces are amazing, I really love the first one because of the geometrics of it! The second wolf piece looks so realistic - it is stunning! Your sympathy card is lovely - calm and pretty. I think they are SO hard to do - especially when you are grieving too. The last card is simply adorable! Snowmen on a road trip! I hope you can make more, but I understand that life has a way of slowing us down! (or keeping us out of the studio!).
Hugs!!

Alanna said...

WOW Jeanne, so many great projects. Your wolf counted cross stitch projects are so amazing. I'm sure the girls loved them.

Sorry to hear that you needed a sympathy card. I love the soft colors you used for the card and the bold sentiment.

And your last card is just too cute. I hear you about buying too many Christmas sets and then not using them. Of course that probably won't stop me from buying more this year. :)

Kay Miller said...

Well, you have no idea how honored Kaylea and I are that we are the friends who received these gorgeous works of art! They are even more beautiful in person and will be treasured!! Thank you again :) Your card with the the mountains and the snow people in the car is just darling! I love the design and your coloring is perfect! The sympathy card is very pretty too! Here's to more creating in the new year! Enjoy your week my friend! ((Hugs))

Patti said...

Jeanne! your talents astound me!! Counted Cross Stitch is an amazing craft!! I admire it greatly but doubt I ever actually finished any I ever started! I know your friends will cherish these forever!!

As usual the patterned papers on your cards are outstanding! I am sorry you needed a Sympathy card but I am sure the family will love and appreciate this one!

You have "forced" me to shop!! I'm pretty sure I NEED that MFT's Cool Christmas stamp set... I do have a gift card from them after all!! woo hoo!! Delightful in every way!! colored perfectly and the plaid sky behind your sweet mountains? priceless!

Darnell said...

Oh, Jeanne, how awesome that the friend you made the beautiful handstitched wolf works of art for is also my friend, Kay Miller! That makes me smile! I also love your sympathy card (yes, I've owned a few of those big pads in my day and still have a lot of the paper!) and your amazing winter scene card! That family of snowmen in the car karacks me up and I especially love the plaid sky!! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Happy Crocheter said...

Jeanne:

I'm sure the sympathy card was very much appreciated. And your little card with the snow people in the car is adorable. Thank you for sharing your talent. Hugs, Tamara

Loll said...

Well ... what a fantastic crafty start to the new year for your Jeanne!! So happy you shared these wonderful projects. As you can see, I'm woefully behind on visiting blogs, but hope that I get caught up (and stay there ... not likely). I don't want to miss any of the amazing designs from my friends.

So, counted cross-stitch. WOW! Two amazing pieces, Jeanne. I have done this before and it's a lot of work keeping track of where you are on the pattern. Great work! Amazing details on both pieces. Love the colourful fox face done with a geometric design. So very cool! And your wolf looks real! Love the birch tree framing. These are wonderful keepsakes for your friends.

Your sympathy card is so pretty. Lovely mix of papers and I'm sure it brought comfort to the family knowing that you spend time making it. Your scene card is so fun. Love the bright colours of your amazing colouring! And that plaid background is adorable! xx