Sunday, November 3, 2019

So Thankful For You card

  Hello! 

Whoosh! And it's November! This year is just racing by. Our last week of October was a cold and snowy one. We went something like 109 hours below freezing and broke records. School/work was kind of crazy, too, because of the cold and snow. Monday we had a late start. Tuesday was an early release and on Wednesday we had a snow day! On Halloween we were in the upper 30s, low 40s. We only had two small groups come to our house for trick-or-treating. Not sure if it was due to the weather or if trick or treating is no longer a thing in our neighborhood. 

I had some time on Saturday to work on cards and it ended up that I spent all my crafty time on one card. But, I don't mind. I really like how it came out. I was smitten with this card by Candice Fisher that I saw on the Butterfly Reflections Ink blog. She was promoting Hello Bluebird in her card. I don't own those stamps, but I couldn't get the lovely colors out of my mind. So, I set out to mimic the card using my Lawn Fawn stamps.  I didn't have dies to go with all the sets, so I fussy cut the images out. I also don't own the Distress Oxide Inks in the colors she used, so I used regular Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin and Ripe Persimmon. I added some Brushed Corduroy to the trees. All the images were colored with Copics. This is what is called a slim line card. 3 1/2 by 8 1/2. I do have envelopes to fit it. You can find them at Hobby Lobby. *Ü*

And just for fun, here is a picture I snapped last week when the girls were going to go with their dad to take the dog for a walk. He is part American Eskimo (really!) and LOVES the cold and snow. 


Thanks so much for stopping by. 
I hope you have a great start to the new week.

Crafty hugs,


6 comments:

Kay Miller said...

OMGoodness! This is the cutest card ever! Seriously my favorite of yours ever! You coloring is excellent, the blended background is so pretty, and the detail is just amazing! So adorable! Super cute photo of the girls venturing out into the cold. Trying to figure out though, if Dad or the dog is the American Eskimo??? haha! ((Hugs))

I Card Everyone said...

Ditto all of Kay's above words, and thoughts, Jeanne! lol Your coloring astounds me... and these colors were all the perfect choices for this darling Autumn scene! Well, unless those leaves are covered with snow!!
Darling photo of your girls - now. tell us: is your husband part American Eskimo, or the dog?? We HAVE to know!!! xx
=]

Patti said...

Awww I don't know which is sweeter! your darling card!! or your darling Eskimos. Jeanne this card! so perfectly colored!! It should be on the wall as a holiday decoration!!

Do you think you could remember the numbers for the Copic colors you used?? I need these colors!

Darnell said...

Your card is brilliant, Jeanne! Wow, you are a whiz at blending!!! The rich warm colors of the sky and all your pumpkins and critters are just divine against those white birch trees! LOVE! Haha, great photo of the girls, but wait. Who's part American Eskimo, their dad or the dog? LOL! I couldn't resist!! Hugs, Darnell

Lynn Put said...

Such an adorable fall scene! I love all of the cute critters and pumpkins!

Alanna said...

Your card is just adorable Jeanne. I love your take on Candice's card. And I love the picture. Seems like their apparel would be appropriate for today. :)