Saturday, May 30, 2020

Rainbow Turnabout Cards

Hello my friends!

I've decided to dust off the old blog and see if I can generate any momentum in posting. *Ü*

How are you?! What a crazy mixed up time this is! We are all good and healthy. My husband is working from home. Amy and Jessica both finished up the school year doing remote learning. Amy is working as a CNA in a senior living center, but there is no Covid at her facility. Thank goodness!  I have been keeping myself busy with decluttering and deep cleaning. And by crafting! Yes, I finally have been making the time to craft almost every day. Cannot complain about that.

Here's my latest project. It almost didn't happen. I got the Concord and 9th Rainbow Turnabout stamp. I love those little rainbows scattered all over the cardstock. Well, when I started to play with it, I quickly discovered my bows/arches were not lined up correctly. Try as I might, I couldn't get them to line up. I thought my stamp was defective. I talked to a sweet crafty friend for tips and emailed the company. Nope, the stamp isn't defective, just really finicky. You have to have everything lined up just right for it to work.

See those blue rainbows and that pile of card fronts? Those were my make it or break it practice runs. Took me 3 tries during this crafty session to get the stamp lined up right. I stamped a 4th time just to be sure. Then I got to play with color combos. Yay! You should have seen my hands after I was done stamping. Let's say they were pretty green. Haha!

Practice and finally success!

Proof that I got it to work. :)
I can't even remember what colors I used. I was just playing around. 
I'm not taking the stamp off my Misti for a bit. I want to be sure I've played with it all I want for now before I do that. 
LOL 
Below are the finished cards I've made so far. 

I used the Rainbow Turnabout and the coordinating Brighter Days stamp and die set from 
Concord & 9th on this one. I've also added some Love From Lizi peel offs and some shimmer pen to the cloud. The sentiment is stamped in Versafine Onyx black and clear heat embossed. 

On this one I added the hello using a die from Scrapbook. com and some flat sequins from Trinity Stamps. I wish the camera picked up the glitter in the cardstock for the word hello. I also used Love From Lizi peel offs around the perimeter of the card panel. 

This one also has a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's May Mini Release Village Heros.
Those sweet little hearts come from the Brighter Days bundle.
I'm entering this card in Kristie Marcotte's Cardmaking Challenge on Instagram.
She's doing it just for fun and this week's theme is Thank You card with a banner.
I think it will fit the bill. :)


Thanks so much for stopping by. 
I hope you have a lovely day.
And I hope to be back again really soon. 
Crafty hugs!

5 comments:

Gloria said...

We are fine here. No virus here at all, thank goodness. Cute cards!!! Not sure I would be brave enough to try if they are that tricky. Kudos to you. Stay safe and keep crafting!! I've missed you!!

Gloria from Utah

Kay Miller said...

Oh Jeanne it looks like you had a lot of fun with this Turnabout stamp even though it took some time to get it lined up right! Your cards are all super cute! I think my favorite it the one with the big pink Hello! So pretty! Glad you all are staying well and doing good! So happy that you're making crafty time for yourself too! ( Hugs)

I Card Everyone said...

Here I am, with my first cuppa, and my husband off to work for the first time since March whatever! I've saved your post for celebrating!
Jeanne, you faced that challenge head-on, and turned it about until you aced it! WOW! I think it was definitely worth your efforts - they are all just as cute as can be, my friend!
I'm loving the color combos you've used... this first might be my favorite - love the sentiment stamped on the cloud! We can't have a rainbow without a storm, right?!
So happy to see you in my inbox this morning - don't stay away so long! xx
=]

Darnell said...

The struggle was real! But, oh, was it worth it, Jeanne! Those cute little rainbows turned out perfectly and I love the way you have used them to make awesome cards filled with color and cheer! I can definitely see the schparkle on the hello in a closeup! I'm glad to hear you are all doing well and you are managing some crafty time for yourself! Keep it up and remember next time that NBUS is back up and running if you want to share with everyone! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Great to see you Jeanne ... and with such a cute collection of cards! Practice sure did make perfect ... these little rainbows are fabulous ... so fun and so happy! I love turnabouts ... yep, they take a bit of time to line up ... but what a great look you achieved! I see sparkle on that sentiment btw ... and it's delicious! Keep crafting ... and enjoying! Hugs, Anita :)