Thursday, July 2, 2020

Birthday and Senior Cards-Photo Heavy!

Hello!
I hope this finds you doing well, staying healthy and keeping busy. 
This post is very photo heavy, just to warn you. *Ü*

My daugher turned 19 last week! Oh my goodness, I keep saying I'm in denial. LOL 
She had a good day, in spite of the pandemic. We did a little shopping and a friend of Amy's stopped by. Then the girls went out themselves for a bit. We went out to eat and stopped at a new to me place that makes shaved ice. It was fascinating to watch the big blocks of ice get shaved down. 

Anyway, Amy has always loved giraffes and still does. But she's also enamored with llamas these days. Enter Doodlebug's new paper pad, Hey Cupcake, Icon sticker sheet and coordinating stamp set. 
She really liked her card. I was inspired by a card made by Kristie Marcotte.

My sweet daughter enjoying a watermelon flavored shaved ice. We liked that the spoons changed color with the cold. :)
*****
Next up, I made a new set of cards for the seniors where Amy works. My friend, Kristie Marcotte  did a video tutorial using Echo Park's America and I followed her inspiration for my cards. She uses sketches for her cards and figures the measurements and shares them in her coordinating blog posts to the videos. She works so hard making these cards, I have to give her a shout out. As I have followed several of her tutorials, I find that I am feeling more confident going a little out on my own, so not all my cards follow hers exactly. Just as it probably should be. :)
I've used many different products to make the cards. If you have a particular question about a product, feel free to ask away. I'm happy to answer any question you have. I don't want to make this post any longer than it already is. 
I hope you enjoy my cards. Feel free to click on the pictures for a larger view. 














I took a picture of the inside of the card and the envelope. 
The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti and the fireworks images are from MFT.  The happy mail stamp is from Mint Owl Studio.


Thanks, Kristie for the inspiration you so freely give.
And thank you for stopping by.
USA friends, I hope you have a wonderful Independence Day.
Crafty Hugs!

9 comments:

Kay Miller said...

What an absolutely adorable picture of Amy! I hope she had a wonderful birthday! All of your cards are so pretty! What a treat for the residents at the Senior home! And the card you made for Amy is cute as can be! Hope you all have a happy 4th!! ((Hugs))

I Card Everyone said...

Jeanne, your patriotic cards are as fantastic as Amy is adorable! I love these wonderful papers - I'm sure Kristie is so proud of you, too! I really do HAVE TO know about that cover plate die with the Xs! You know I'm such a CAS girl, but Jeanne - I really have chosen the card in the fifth photo with the stars, diagonal papers, and God Bless America on gingham... outstanding! every single wonderful piece, and layer of it!
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful cards... those lucky Seniors are going to LOVE them!
=]

Darnell said...

I feel so unproductive after seeing this post, Jeanne, lol! Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! I don't even think that's a wow for all of them, but all of them are sure fantastic designs and impeccably made! I love that you make twofers every time you make one!! And I love the inside of the card, too. You're an angel to do this for all those lonely seniors and Amy's an angel for working there! Happy belated birthday to her! Happy 4th! Hugs, Darnell

Gloria said...

LOVE the senior cards, and happy belated birthday to Amy. Looks like you had a great day after all.

Hugs..

gloria from Utah :)

Anita in France said...

Congratulations to Amy on her 19th, Jeanne ... what a fabulous photo of her enjoying that scrummy looking shaved ice! Your llama card is adorable ... and that sentiment's a riot ... I'm sure she enjoyed it! Brilliant, patriotic cards for Independence Day ... such a wonderful way of letting all those seniors know they're not forgotten! Hugs, Anita :)

Alanna said...

I'm late to the party for this post. It snuck by me somehow. Your llama card for Amy is so delightful. And she looks so happy eating the shaved ice. I hear you about being in denial about having someone who is 19. Reynna will be 21 this year. GASP!

Your patriotic cards are also so fabulous. They just make me smile. I need to check out Kristie's tutorial for sure.

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Wow, this is a fab selection of cards. Really stylish :)
Thanks also for the lovely comment you left on my blog x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments you leave at mine. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and Healthy New Year x

Maria said...

Your llama card is so adorable! Love all the wonderful layers! And, your patriotic cards are so awesome! Absolutely fabulous designs, well done!!