Thursday, June 18, 2020

I Was Featured! And Cards for Seniors

Hello!
Something very exciting happened for me. It turns out that the slimline card I shared here and submitted for the Create A Scene challenge on Lawn Fawnatics was featured along with 8 other cards! I was completely shocked. And tickled that it garnered attention. Thanks for letting me share. 
Lawn Fawnatics Blog Post

Next up, I have a bunch of cards to share. I have shared before that I follow Kristie Marcotte and she makes lots of cards from a 6x6 paper pad. You can check her out here

Since Amy started working at the senior center, I've been making cards for her to take for the residents in the area where she works.  Today I'm sharing the cards I am having her take to work this week. Half of them I made this week using different sketches from different tutorials Kristie has posted. It's very slow going for me to do this and I only got about 1/2 the number needed completed. I went through my card stash and pulled the rest from there. The papers are Doodlebug. The sentiments are from various sets. The stamped images are from Sunny Studios(Beach Babies) or Hero Arts (the green popsicles and the smiling sun on the envelopes. I couldn't find the set, called Beach, on the Hero Arts website, so it could be retired). At the end I took a picture of the inside of the card and the envelope. I have a set from Mint Owl Studio that you can find here. It's so reasonably priced! And I love picking different images to stamp onto envelopes. 

Enjoy!








If you have any questions about products, let me know and I will do my best to answer. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.
I hope you have a great day.
Hugs,


6 comments:

Gloria said...

Of COURSE you were featured.. good golly miss molly... the other cards were pretty incredible too. I wish I had such talent.. the senior cards are super cute too!! Have a fantastic weekend! Hugs..

Gloria from Utah

Darnell said...

First, congratulations on the well-deserved recognition from Lawn Fawn for your fantastic slimline card design! Second, I always knew you were an angel! This is your calling, Jeanne, and it's heartwarming to think of all the joy you are bringing to the seniors! Thank you for that and please also thank Amy for working at the senior center. I know from talking to my dear friend Verna that it is incredibly depressing for them to be isolated like they are. Your cards are colorful, cheerful, and impeccably made!! Keep up the good work and keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Kay Miller said...

Congratulations on the shout out for your Lawn Fawn card! It was absolutely adorable and the recognition well deserved :) All of the cards you are making for the seniors are so pretty! I love the summery paper and colors! You are bringing joy to the lives of those people and girl, that's a good thing!! (Hugs!)

I Card Everyone said...

Bravo, Jeanne!!!! Monkey clapping over here for you... well deserved recognition, as I know you put your whole heart into every card!
This collection is about to bring many much needed smiles to Senior faces - well, besides those your Amy must cause daily! They all scream Summertime, Jeanne... that little girl in the innertube is just adorable!
Well DONe YOU!!! I'm so proud of you!
=]

Anita in France said...

I well recall that fantastic card, Jeanne ... and it's so deserving of recognition ... huge congratulations on being featured at LF! What an awesome, fun and oh so happy collection of cards you made here ... they're sure to lift spirits and brings smiles to so many faces! Speading joy indeed! Hugs, Anita :)

Alanna said...

Congratulations on being featured for Lawn Fawn. That amazing card deserved all the love.

I love all the cards you made and how fun and summery they are. The residents are sure to love them. Such a thoughtful gesture of you and Amy.