Saturday, May 17, 2008

Stationery Set Inspired by Lisa's Creative Corner...

When I saw this stationery set on Lisa's Creative Corner, I KNEW I had to try to make one myself. While Lisa uses CTMH images I don't own (with the exception of Legendary Moments), I made do with other CTMH sets. :o) Lisa's artwork inspires me quite a bit and I thank her for always sharing and inspiring!

Lisa shared a link for the tutorial on how to make the box. Check it out here. Like Lisa, I modified the box so that it would fit standard size cards (4 1/4 by 5 1/2 and envelopes. I used the same dimension as Lisa did and also had to modify the size of the lid a bit. I think the lid piece was 6 1/2 long by 3 1/2 wide. It's the dimension of the top opening of the box, with an inch added on each side for scoring.

I created 10 cards and followed Lisa's idea of using the corner stamp in Legendary Moments. It took a lot bit of fiddling with the stamp for me to realize how to turn it to get it to work correctly.

Here is an example of the blue cards. As you can see, I stamped the envelopes as well as the front corner with the corner stamp. I used a variety of sentiments on the cards, making 5 cards blue and 5 cards brown.





Credits:
Stamps: All CTMH-Butterflies, Legendary Moments, Thinking of You, Happy Birthday, Share Laughter (Hero Arts-sentiment on box and flower on handles-which you can't see in the photos),
Cardstock: Heavenly Blue, Chocolate (same inks as well)
Other: Brown brads, 1 1/8 inch circle punch, 1 inch circle punch, super sticky adhesive (the kind that looks red until you peel the backing off)
This will be an end of year thank you gift for one of the girls' teachers I think.
Thanks so much for visiting! I may have some time tomorrow to create. Actually I need to get Jessica's teachers' gifts done as next week is her last week so I'll most likely be back with something to share. :o)
my signature 2

8 comments:

Carol said...

Jeanne your work is gorgeous and so inspiring. I love seeing what you have been creating.

Barb said...

Hi Jeanne,
Lovely, lovely, lovely. Glad to see you back in action. TFS.

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh my goodness! I saw Lisa's set and now yours. The cards and the box are too pretty for words. What a lovely gift! TFS.

Lisa Stenz said...

Great job Jeanne! I love your version and am so glad to be able to inspire you. (You have inspired me so much, it is nice to be able to do the same once for you in a while!) Sorry I forgot to mention that I had to adjust the size of the top too. Glad you figured it out. Looks great! *Ü*

Donna S. said...

Holy Smokes! Your Creative mojo is back!!
Gorgeous!!

Dawn said...

WOW!! you creative thing you!! This past weekend at ckc i used papers, glue, scissors...it was so much fun!! love keeping up with your creative side!!
dewnie

mE said...

As usual, dearie, I LOVE this set :) You rock and I must find some time to really play!

Hugs!
Erin

Rachele Funk said...

Very cute Jeanne! I've got to figure out how to find more time in my day!