Thursday, May 22, 2008

Preschool Teachers' Gifts-Stationery Boxes

I'm still here, I'm still here! Whew, what a week this has been and not all in an entirely good way.

We've been having a problem with our car all of a sudden not starting-like when I am out running errands in the evening and I am stranded until Steve comes to get me. Tried getting a new battery, but it happened again last night, so now they think it's the starter. I'm not keen on driving it again until they figure out what's causing the problem. Before last night I'd never "popped the clutch" to get a car started (it has a manual transmission) and now I've done it twice! So there's that.

Amy's having some behavior issues at school which are bothersome to me, but I'm working on ways to correct this and end the year on a positive note. However, I am having a bit of trouble getting to sleep because my brain won't turn off!

Yesterday we had a Kindergarten Tea (to introduce everyone to the school and share some expectations and ways to prepare them for when they come in August). We went straight from that to our last swim class for this session. So I was gone the entire day, just about!

Then today was Jessica's last day a preschool. (Sniff, sniff) I didn't get to stay since I was already going to Amy's class to observe, but they don't do any sort of ceremony or anything, so it was okay. Tomorrow is the class picnic at the park.

So, anyway...my plans to work on the gifts while the girls were in school never happened. I had to work on them after they went to bed, which made for a couple of late-ish nights. It also required that I change what I originally thought I'd do (I had to scale back). I ended up making the stationery boxes like the previous one I shared. Here is what they look like (I took these pictures in a rush this morning before we left for school):


I think they are pretty straight forward and I've used supplies I've used a lot of lately Die Cuts With a View papers, textured cardstock and some CTMH cardstock. Stamps are Legendary Moments (CTMH), Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink) and Share Laughter (Hero Arts). Used my Cricut to cut the scallops and circle punches for the layers. Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder for the bottom portion of the cards. Some have pop dots, some don't. The ribbon is stuff in my stash. I know these credits are pretty general, and if you have a particular question about a product, feel free to ask away. I'm pretty tired right now and may not have another chance to blog today, so I'll call these credits good.

I made 8 cards for each box all the same style. I chose 4 sentiments and made two cards each. For directions on how to create the boxes please see my previous post on the stationery box. I cut the main box papers 7 1/2 by 7 1/2 and the paper for the lid 3 5/8 x 6 1/2 (I think-I meant to write it down so I could share, but ended up just trying to get them done). You may want to measure the box opening and add an inch all around for scoring.

Okay, that's it. I need to go pick up Amy now. Jessica is done with school and Amy has a L O N G weekend. She doesn't go back until Wednesday next week, then she has 3 days the following week before she's done for the summer.
my signature 2

6 comments:

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Awesome gifts! Yesterday was my son's last day of preschool, too. Sob!

Donna S. said...

These are awesome... Me? I flaked out and bought a gift card for Zach's teachers. Wah! I'm not ready for school to be out!

Felicia Fernandez said...

It's so neat to see how your style has changed over the years. You have gravitated to a more clean and elegant look and I love it! I think being free of CTMH has been good for your creative juices and it really shows. Gosh, how I miss you!!!

Kathi Carlson said...

Lucky teachers! What lovely gifts. I need to try those boxes . . . one of these days!

stampmonkey said...

Wow, you've been a busy girl!! LOVE the teacher gifts, and I'm sure they did too!

Hope you get Jessica's behavioral problems under control soon. School/peers can sometimes have that kind of impact on kids -- it happens to the best of them. Just keep working with her and she'll be fine.

We're about to start swim lessons in a week and are doing two sessions, so they're enrolled for the entire month of June. I figured it was their only chance to swim since we no longer have access to a pool...plus it'll ensure that we all get out of bed at a decent hour. lol

Hope you get your car troubles remedied soon. That is such a pain when that happens...and it's happened to me more times than I can count. Unfortunately my car isn't a stick, so I haven't been able to bypass the dead battery by myself. It's happened so many times that my car actually has TWO batteries...just in case.

Barb said...

These are just beautiful, Jeanne! I love the 'cards in the box' for a gift idea. I did that for Mother's Day last year, it was a bit hit. Your color combos have been right on! I am loving your creations! Thanks so much for sharing them.