Monday, November 5, 2007

Sunday Hike Layout



Since it was supposed to be a nice day, Steve thought it would be fun for us to go to Eldorado State Park on Sunday. It's located southeast of Boulder. He had taken the girls last month, but this time they wanted me to go. In the course of their recent day hikes, Steve noticed the girls slipping on the trails quite a bit when they wore their sneakers, so we recently found them some hiking shoes. Steve even got a pair! But so far, I haven't found any that I care for. Amy is so enamored of her new boots, she's worn them almost non-stop for the past few days. Guess that is one way to break them in!

Those of you who know me and how I love to watch the Broncos, might be surprised that I gave up watching the game for our family outing (good thing, since they got creamed-I'd have been so annoyed had I watched all of that game). I was quite impressed at how close this canyon is to us! I was also fascinated by watching the rock climbers. Especially since it turned out that it was REALLY windy!! We ate a picnic lunch and hiked a bit. I took several photos and decided to take some pictures of their new shoes. And just for fun, I took a pair of my sneakers! I thought it might make a fun scrapbook page! And looky here, I used the photos in our lesson for this week. Neat, huh?! It turns out the trail we decided to hike on was pretty steep and rocky. One of the highlights though, was this little cave that you can see them going into in the photo. And the girls kept exclaiming how they WEREN'T slipping. Success! But on the way back to the van we were walking into the wind and it kept blowing dust into the girls' eyes, so Steve went to get the van and come back to pick us up. We were next to a couple of rock climbers which was kinda interesting to watch.

We did our first official two page spread in this lesson. There were so many details jam-packed in this lesson I can't begin to describe them all. I was proud of myself for changing up a few of the details from her sample to better suit the theme of my layout (must mean I'm starting to feel more comfortable with this whole digi thing). The background paper was a pretty bright/bold pink and I changed the opacity so it would look a bit more muted. The swirls and the grungy outline around the big half circle picture was originally supposed to be white, and I changed it and the mat behind the four accent photos to be tan. Loved learning how to make that large circle picture! Can see using that technique in the future. She has shared with us several techniques and hot keys (shortcut key strokes) to do different things a bit more quickly.

All in all, each lesson seems to be getting better and better. I'm almost sad that were are already over half way through the course. But today we heard that she will be announcing the 2008 line up of classes in mid-December and the next level class from this one is slated to be on the list! Whooooohoooooooooo!!!

Thanks for looking! (I think if you click on the picture, you should be able to see it a bit larger)

4 comments:

Felicia Fernandez said...

I love it!!!!

Kim Burmeister said...

Great layout! I bet you are having a blast taking these classes. Sounds like you will be busy next year too! Great work!

Kathi Carlson said...

Hi Jeanne,
I'm glad you found my blog, which in turn provided me with the opportunity to find yours! It's lovely. You mentioned that you are leaving CTMH in January. Are you going on to something new? The digital scrapbooking you're doing is awesome! Keep in touch.
Kathi C.

Stampin n da Hood said...

I love your hiking layout!
While I'm not a huge fan of digital yet, this type of layout is OOYB thinking and I love it!