Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How About Three More Paper Lace Cards?

Hi There!

I knew I wanted more than just a few minutes to play today and after doing some housework, I felt ready to sit down guilt free. I am so excited to see what the cuts look like in real life. I know I am using a lot of black, but right now, that contrasted against white looks very cool to me. I know I will need to stretch my imagination and try more colors. But for now, I'm mainly playing with black. 
These cards are all 4 1/4 by 5 1/2.
I really like the look of this cut. My use of it isn't all that imaginative, but when I tried to put something on top, it took too much away from the design. What's neat is there is a border with this same cut. I tried it out, but since I only have the original Cricut, I can't cut smaller than 1 inch. I think if I was able to go smaller, having the same design as a border would be very striking. I cut the design first and then tried the border. I don't want to waste the cut, so maybe another time I'll see if I can get them to match in size.

I had my DCWV Amber Autumn stack out, so that iswhere the papers I used came from.

Here's a nod to quilting.
I cut this image out at 1 inch and then selected some papers to back the cut. The mat is actually the shadow for the design, which I cut at 2 inches. I initially was going to use black, but decided not to. I think it looks kind of neat on that angle. I was really tickled to look in a button jar and find the button that coordinated so wonderfully right away. It is tied with some linen DMC floss I got on clearance over the summer. I did some pen stitching with a ruler. I almost did it on the block, but was afraid I'd mess it up. 

I have got to tell you that this card looks way better in real life. I used hot pink rhinestones and they really pop. Unfortunately, the camera didn't really do it justice. Ah well. Isn't that a fabulous cut anyway? I have ideas on how to dress is up even more, but at this point I only had a couple of minutes before my creative time ended. Simple, yet striking, I hope, is what comes across.

Thanks so much for stopping by. 
As you can see I can't get enough of this cartridge.
Maybe I'll get some time to play again tomorrow...
Photobucket

4 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

Jeanne, I am lovin' what you are creating! I like the black and white. The autumn colors with the quilting is so pretty too!

Sparkplug17 said...

So pretty! I love the 2nd one!

Alanna said...

3 fabulous cards. You are speeding up my need to get this cartridge Jeanne. Great job. Have a great day.

mE said...

Dear Jeanne,

I just want you to know that you now have Erin begging for this cartridge for Christmas. She won't stop bugging me about it.

Love,
Brent

LOLOLOL!! Jeanne, I am so head over heels wanting this cartridge! I LOVE the round cut on the card and am thinking that these would make some FAB stencils!

Hugs!
Erin