Saturday, January 19, 2013

Frosty Winter Cupcake Card

Oh golly, in my last post I completely forgot to tell you that if you are interested in Meljen’s  images, there’s currently a 20% off sale going on right now! So, hop, skip and jump on over to her site and check out all the adorable images over at Meljen’s Designs. 

And for your viewing pleasure, I give you Frosty Winter Cupcake card, which is a fun digi image from Meljen’s Designs.

105_0199  This card is colored with something brand new to me…American Crafts Chromatix alcohol markers! I recently acquired some and am trying to figure out how to color with them. You can find them at Michaels in 3 marker packs. They aren’t meant to replace the ever popular Copics, but for someone like me(who will probably never be able to afford Copics), they may help me learn how to color with markers as a technique to add to my set of cardmaking skills. So be gentle and understanding when you look at the image.

As you can see, I’ve added some glittery goodness with that Stardust Glitter Gel pen. I like how sparkly the snowman turned out. The image is matted on some pattern paper from Close To My Heart, another sneak peek of Chantilly that will be available in February. The cardstock, which is also CTMH, is called Pear (I think) was run through my Cuttlebug using a snowflake embossing folder. I used pop dots to lift the matted image a bit. The blue cardstock is more Dutch Blue from CTMH.

Fun, fun, fun!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Woooow! Beautiful card! Great colors, too. You did a fine job with those markers. You've blended them nicely. And of course I love that sparkly snowman. You should join in on our challenges! :)