Saturday, February 23, 2013

Happy Thoughts Card

I was very inspired by Kay Miller's card here and was able to do my own version yesterday. 
Oh gosh, it was fun to play around with the stamps and fussy cut to make them work for me.
The stamp set is from Close To My Heart and is called Happy Thoughts (C1536). It's in the current catalog.
I used inks from CTMH as well, Sunflower, Star Spangled Blue and Moonstruck. Those colors are retired, sorry. The green, Topiary, isn't retired, though! I also did some sponging on the leaves 
I added some gems from my stash and cut a doily almost in half. 
The papers are Sunflower cardstock, and Pebbles' Family Ties 6x6 pad. 
I also used a Cuttlebug embossing folder. 
Some of the flowers are popped up with foam squares. Hard to see, though.
The burlap butterfly sticker is from some new product at Michaels from Little Yellow Bicycle. Naturals is the name on the package. Very fun.

Thanks for the inspiration, Kay!
Thanks for stopping by. Hope your weekend is off to a great start!

Photobucket


5 comments:

Laurel said...

Very pretty, love the burlap butterfly.

Barb said...

Beautiful card! The colors are so vibrant. And there are so many little details on here! I love the lace, the fussy cut flowers and the burlap butterfly...hmmm..I think I need to make a trip to Michael's now! :)

Kay Miller said...

Well, I have said it before, but I will say it again, you did a fabulous job on this card! I LOVE it! I am honored that you used mine for inspiration :) Love the doily along the bottom and those flowers are just beautiful! Hope you're enjoying your weekend! :)

Alanna said...

This is so pretty and detailed. The colors really pop.

Anonymous said...

Jeanne!

I love all the colors you chose and I especially love that butterfly. Thanks so much for sharing.

Love and Hugs,
Tamara