Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween is Definitely Over...

Hope you  had a Happy and Festive Halloween. I had high hopes to make a particular project, but I didn't get started in time and it never came to fruition. Darn. Oh well, there is always next year, right?

As I told the cashier at the store on Halloween Eve, one of the problems of stores putting holiday items out so early is all that stuff can lull consumers (like me) into thinking, I've got plenty of time, when in fact, Halloween is the next day! Amy asked me if we could make the witches brooms again like we did last year. I said sure. Kept thinking I had plenty of time until it was Wednesday and I realized...oh $%#&, it's tomorrow. LOL Thankfully, Wednesdays are early release days and I knew I'd have help to get the treats done.

Here is a photo of our pumpkins and treats. That little pumpkin Jessica won from school. His name is Bob McBoberton thanks to the suggestion of Jessica's (most favorite) teacher from last year.


The brooms are Tootsie Pops with the stick colored. Fold a coffee filter in half a few times and snip the edge up to make the fringe. Attache with twine/hemp and attach a tag. The witch stamp is one I found in the dollar bin at Michaels a couple of years ago and the happy Halloween sentiment is actually two word stamps. I don't have any other Happy Halloween sentiments that I like in my stash. There must be something wrong with that. 

And here we have what I saw upon returning home yesterday morning after being out for a few hours. 
We have lived in this house for 17 years and I've never seen this happen before. I thought it was funny. Amy thought it was funny.

Jessica, not so much. 
Those are the pumpkins she carved. 

Halloween is definitely over.

Thanks for stopping by. 
Check back as I am working on two more posts for today.
Yep, feast or famine once again!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Love those little broomsticks! I should do that for my class next year! Too funny about the pumpkin!

Barb said...

Cute project. I'm going to have to try that. I like that you colored the stick...makes a huge difference to the overall effect. As for the pumpkin, it looks like something was nibbling on it...poor guy. Got part of his face, ate off! LoL!!