Saturday, November 2, 2013

Happy Harvest Cards

I made these cards last week and never had the chance to sit down and edit them. Not that I do much in the way of editing, but I do have to have access to my computer and that didn't happen much while the girls were home. While the girls were not home, I was busy with other things. Sigh. Well, I got the pictures edited to today. Yay!

This first card is based on one I saw on display at Archiver's recently. I thought it was so cute, and it uses Happy Harvest Doodlebug paper and their new product Pixie Sticks. I snagged those with a coupon. Yay!

I just loved the hillside of flowers. And the fun tree colors. And that little birdie perched in the tree(popped up with a pop dot). So fun!
I hand drew the hills, cut it out, inked the edges with brown ink to give it a little dimension. I debated whether to put a sentiment on, but decided to leave it off until I use the card. 

This next card is inspired by this adorable one made by Kay Miller.
I wanted a scarecrow like that one she used, but I didn't have the stamp set(nor do I have the set with the birch trees, darn). Then I came across this post and had my image from Whimsie Doodles. It's a freebie, too! Love it when that happens.
*Ü*

My scarecrow is colored with colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits. He is pretty cute, if I do say so myself. The sentiment is from Doodlebug's Happy Harvest icons sheet and the birdie is from a long sticker sheet. I tried to see if I could add something else to fill up a little of that open space on the circle, but I'm not creative enough to figure out just what would go well. So, I have an open space on the card. Maybe I should have moved it down toward the middle of the card. Ah heck, it is what it is. That's the great thing about digital stamps, you can always print another one and try again if you want. Yay!

Thanks for stopping by. 
I hope you are enjoying Fall!

Gonna have another post up soon!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Kay Miller said...

Oh what darling fall cards! The doodlebug trees are so cute! I have been seeing those pixie sticks. They make perfect tree limbs!! And I am so honored to have inspired your second card! You did a lovely job!! I love that little scarecrow and the message at the top is perfect!!