Friday, December 6, 2013

Colorful Trees

I saw this idea on the web somewhere, but didn't note or save where. I've been trying to find the inspiration link for a few days and I'm just not having any luck. I want to say it was Jennifer McGuire, but I can't find it on her blog. If you've seen this idea, send me the link and I'll give proper credit.

It's super easy really. You stamp your image(Warm Hearts, Paper Smooches), color it in with markers (I chose Sharpies), then cover the trees with Liquid Glass (CTMH) or Glossy Accents. My Liquid Glass had some bubbles in it, so it's not quite as smooth as I had hoped. Then I decided to use a technique I've seen my friend, Alanna, use to add score lines. I like how it set off the trees. Add your sentiment (Merry & Bright, CTMH) and you are good to go. 
Not my usual style, but fun nonetheless.

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a great start to your weekend. 
Stay warm!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Alanna said...

This is so striking Jeanne. I love how you did the trees and those score lines on both the side and bottom are fabulous.

Stay warm and go Broncos!

Laurel said...

This is so very cute! Love the colors and those fun trees!

Barb said...

LOVE it! Clean and simple! These trees are the cutest!

Kay Miller said...

Oh fabulous!! Love the glossy trees in the different colors! And those embossed lines make it look so classy! Beautiful work my friend!! :)