Monday, December 2, 2013

KWerner Card Case-Snowman

I've been reading KWerner's blog again the past few weeks. I used to read a lot of stamping blogs, but cut down when my mojo took a major hit. Lately the mojo seems to be in overdrive and it's been a lot of fun watching stamping videos and playing. So anyway, she is doing a video series on holiday cards and I really liked this one and decided to CASE it.
I'm pretty happy with the final result. I colored in the snowman with pencils and odorless mineral spirits. I picked up an Impression Obsession snowflake die set that cuts all those snowflakes in one pass if you want. Then I covered them with Rock Candy Distress Glitter. I tried the Tim Holtz embossing diffusers found at my local Archiver's. I thought it was really neat that you could put the circle template down and it would only emboss that part of the folder. You can also emboss the background and leave the circle unembossed (is that a word? Maybe keep it smooth sounds better). I rubbed some distress ink over the embossed part. 
As I said, it's a CASE of the card she shares in her video, so if you wanted to see how to create it(or the supply list) you can check it out in the link above. Very fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
I hope you have a great week! 

Photobucket

6 comments:

Alanna said...

Oh my goodness Jeanne, this is just too cute. I love the whole card, especially the embossed dots. I'm going to need to try that.

So glad the Broncos were able to hang onto their lead!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Cute, cute, cute! I keep saying I'm going to make a card with just a part of it embossed - like your circle of dots! I love that they were kissed with some blue highlights! Very pretty! Have a great week, dear friend! Hugs!

Laurel said...

Super cute! Love how you did the embossing!

Kay Miller said...

Oooooooooh!!! This is my all time favorite Jeanne card ever!!! THis is SO adorable!! I love that little snowman and all the snowflakes around him are so cute! Oh I could just go on and on. The colors are perfect too!! Looooooove it!!

mE said...

cute, cute, cuuuuute! I love it :) such a cute snowman, too!

I promise, I've been reading your blog, but for some reason can not comment from my phone... :( Tonight I've been up working in my office on the computer. yay!

Barb said...

You ROCKED your CASE! I never miss a KWerner video. She's my hero. And you have done an absolutely AWESOME job here, Jeanne! This looks soooo good! Wow! :)