Saturday, June 16, 2018

Coloring Challenge Efforts

Hello!

Kathy Racoosin is hostessing her 10th 30 Day Coloring Challenge all this month. And I've been able to participate every day, in one form or another. Thank you, summer break from work and school! I have been sharing my efforts on my Instagram account, but wanted to share with you a few of the coloring projects I've worked on. I'll do my best to share more during the second half of the challenge. It's a lot of fun and if you only have 5 minutes to color, go for it. It's just for fun and to give you some "me" time to relax. 

Anyway, in no particular order, here are a few projects. I've been practicing my Copic coloring by following videos of different artists and CASEing the cards they share. 
Here I cased Mayra's cards.  She is so talented! I know I've sung her praises here before. 

On this card, I cased Eloise Blue and used Sunny Studio Stamps. These kiddos make me smile. 

Here is was playing with some shimmery watercolors I bought at Hobby Lobby. The mermaid theme works so well for this time of the year. This is a panel from Carolee's Creations Art Play Paintables, that I found here at Scrapbook dot com. Too bad this shot doesn't fully show just how shimmery this Master's Touch Metallic Semi Color Cake Paint Set is. You can find this watercolor product in Hobby Lobby stores and it is very affordable. The purple pink color looks iridescent to me. So fun!


And finally, here are some adorable Viking Kids I found at CC Designs. They come in stamps or digital. I bought the digital format. I was inspired by a wonderful video by Laura Volpes. She colored her images with different markers, but I played and practiced with my Copics. I really enjoy watching Laura's videos. She does a great job showing what she is creating, but I also enjoy her accent. I don't own the powders she used to make the backgrounds, but they look pretty fun!

That's it for me today. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I really appreciate your stopping by.
Hugs,

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so enjoying your peeks of these, but had to see the finished projects, Jeanne! I am telling you, girlfriend, your Copic skills are outstanding! I love the mermaid tail, and your HL inks, and all those little kids... but still especially VIKE the Viking Kids - hope to have a moment to watch that video!
Incredible!
=]

Anonymous said...

I love your colouring skills.......what you do is so gorgeous.

Cathy

Kay Miller said...

Jeanne your coloring has gotten SO good!!! Your shading looks just amazing! You have picked some really cute designs to color here, and I've really enjoyed seeing them bigger on Instagram! So happy that you are spending your summer coloring and doing fun things! ((Hugs))

Darnell said...

It's always a pleasure to see you posting for us old geezers who aren't on IG! Thank you! These are all really outstanding, Jeanne! I haven't felt like this in a long time, but you make me want to buy Copics! Your coloring is divine!! Glad you are enjoying some "you" time and I hope it continues!! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

So glad you're sharing these on your blog as well as on Instagram, Jeanne ... what a brilliant colourist you are! They're all so cute and fun ... and the detailing is awesome ... I'm especially taken by that shimmery mermaid one ... it had me chuckling this morning! Off to be a mermaid! Hugs, Anita :)

Loll said...

I'm so happy you decided to share these amazing cards on your blog, Jeanne!! Your copic colouring is AMAZING! and so is your watercolouring. Love all your amazing cards ... and think I need to look into those shimmery watercolours! :) xx

Jeanne J. said...

Great cards! I love your coloring - the vikings are adorable! Everything you make is gorgeous!