Friday, June 22, 2018

Coloring Gnomes for Coloring Challenge


Hello there!

It is with huge thanks to Darnell and her Mister that I am posting today. I expressed to her that I haven't been posting much on my blog recently because it's become very inconvenient and time consuming for me to do so with the purchase of a new camera several months ago and the fact that my phone only uploads a single picture at a time to my Photoshop Elements program. First world problems to be sure, but annoying and made me avoid uploading and editing photos for the blog. She responded with questions about why I didn't upload to the cloud. Um...because I never thought about it and more importantly didn't really understand how to do it. I knew vaguely that Google has a drive and photos and all that, but this old gal never really paid attention. My interest piqued, I started looking into it. So I'm trying upload pictures to Drive and Photos and I get a new email from Darnell and her hubby about being able to upload pictures  to my camera's cloud. So, now I'm looking into that as well. I think I'm going to have pictures in several clouds at this rate. I don't care as long as they are safe and secure and EASY for me to access for editing and posting to my blog. As I tell most people, I only know enough about technology to be dangerous. :)

All that to say...here's my first attempt at uploading from one of the clouds this morning. I was able to get it to my editing program and then uploaded to Blogger. Yay, me!

This stamp set is from My Favorite Things and is called You Gnome Me. I had been on the fence about getting this set for some time, but after seeing this pop up card from Rachel at The Unpampered Stamper that I jumped off the fence into ownership. Rachel was kind enough to share with me the Copics she used to color her gnomes so vibrantly. I copied as closely as I could and took a liberty or two to make it my own. I didn't buy the dies, so I will have to fussy cut the images here pretty soon so I can make something with them. 

This is one of my shares for The Daily Marker's 30 Day Coloring Challenge. Speaking of which, I haven't colored yet today. I've been a little preoccupied with my head in the clouds. 

Oh and I  have Darnell to thank again because she shared something about comments coming to our inboxes again without having to leave ourselves one first. Go here to read what she found out.  Let's hope it works with any comments left on this post. 

You may be seeing posts from me more consistently!

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
I hope you have an amazing day.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colouring job again. I can hardly wait to see the cards made from this.

Cathy

I Card Everyone said...

First off, I must share that Tom walked behind me while reading your post singing: "NOOOObody GNOMES the trouble I've seen..." LOLOL

Your coloring is just outstanding, my friend... those beards? NEVER seen anything so lifelike colored with any medium whatsoever!
Carry on, and I'm so please to think you'll be posting more - bless Darnell, and her hubby, too.
=]

Darnell said...

Goodness, Jeanne, no need to thank me and the Mister publicly. We're just glad to help get the ball rolling for you. The Mister comes up with a few funny lines of his own once in a while and he made me laugh this morning when he was outside watering. I looked up and out the Playhouse window and he is was gesturing up. I went outside and he said, "Aren't those some of your friend's photos?" as he pointed to the clouds! Bwahaha. Listen, with your excellent coloring skills, the world could use a few of your photos in the clouds!! Excellent gnomes! Hugs, Darnell

Kay Miller said...

First off you coloring is AMAZING!! WOW! The shading is absolute perfection!! I'm kind of blown away :) Anyway, they are adorable! Beautiful job! So cool about what you found out from Darnell! I didn't even know all of that. I get notices from cloud all the time, and I think I have one somewhere... but not sure how to get there! haha! So enjoying your beautiful work lately! ((Hugs))

Anita in France said...

My goodness, Jeanne, such brilliant colouring and shading on these cute little guys ... the beards in particular are amazing! Hugs, Anita :)

Patti said...

Oh my goodness! Jeanne your coloring is absolutely amazing!! WOW!!

I need help too but I think I would rather have you and Darnell come to my house to help me! LOL

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Jeanne J. said...

I'm loving your coloring on instagram! Your a total pro!

Loll said...

You are a master of Copic colouring Jeanne! I love these fun images and you have brought them to life with the shading that give them so much depth and dimension. xx

Patti said...

Hello hello my dear sweet friend!! I wanted to pop in to thank you for the darling card you sent and especially for your friendship!! I love the papers you used!!

I am planning to write a post tomorrow and finally include the pictures of my photo set up that you asked me to share way back in April!!

I appreciate you remembering me even when I am AWOL! you bless me friend - thank you!

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Happy Crocheter said...

Hi Jeanne! I always love hearing about what you are creating and seeing how they are created. Love and hugs, Tamara