Sunday, June 22, 2008

Something's Fishy Here...

Amy wanted a sandwich in the fish shape today, so I was able to take a picture or two to share. :o)

And this may be considered a bit of an enabler alert...Lookie what I found on my most recent trip to Jo-Ann's! While waiting in line to check out I saw some packaging that looked a lot like stamps in their dollar section, so I had Amy pull a couple for me so I could see. She quickly tired of that, so I let some customers ahead of me while I checked out cute (and funny) mini stamps. They are from Inkadinkado and I really liked this set in particular. So, I had to break it out and use it today when I moseyed into my craft room.I have to share that I went into my room so excited to create. I had taken the time to print off LOTS of inspiration and was just itching to get my fingers inky. However, today, the anticipation proved to be better than the work I produced. It was quite frustrating. It probably didn't help that the girls invaded my space not too long after I started trying to create and they were bickering, then wanting my attention for their little projects, interrupting me countless times. So, this card is what I have to show for my time. I like the idea for the card, but not the execution! Ah well, they can't all be winners.

My friend, Kim, who has the Clearly Inspired blog, shares a video tutorial each week. Like me, she has a couple of young kids at home, yet she manages to post consistently (I'd love to be more consistent). Earlier in the week she mentioned she had to figure out what to create for her tutorial video. She shared a photo of a card she took at a stamp store in Sioux Falls, SD. I thought the card was so cute, and commented she should share how to make a card similar to the one in the photo. She did just that and you can see her adorable card and video here.
Here is my attempt at the same type of card. I used colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits to color in the fish and I added a couple of pop dots. I found the spinners in the Fishing aisle at Walmart. I futzed with how to attach them, but in the end stuck them down with glue dots. The pattern paper is from K & Company's Berry Sweet paper pack. The blue is Twilight(CTMH), run through my Cuttlebug with the swirly embossing folder (to give a water like impression). The yellow cardstock is Honey(CTMH). I used Archival Black ink (CTMH) to stamp the images.


And there you have it. As great as yesterday was...today felt like one of "those" days, where I felt frustrated at almost every turn. I think I should just go to bed and start fresh tomorrow! LOL
Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it and hope you have a great week!
my signature 2

6 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

I like the sandwich, Amy's sweet face, the stamps, AND your card. It's cute!!! However, I know what you're feeling like. Sometimes things just don't click. I think it sometimes has to do with anticipation. Tomorrow will be a better day. Hugs!!

Barb said...

Oh Jeanne, I think your card is adorable. I love the Cuttlebugged background paper and your color combo is great. And yes, I'm going to JoAnn first thing in the morning to see if they have some cute stamps that I just can't live without! LOL~ Thanks for sharing!

Carol said...

The fish stamp is so cute. You are very creative to be making fish sandwiches.

Kim Burmeister said...

Jeanne, I love your card! Okay, now I want to go to JoAnne's this week. I really like the cuttlebug folder and paper you used. This is so stinkin' cute. I hope you don't mind that I link you this weekend for "From Your Side of the Table".

BTW, how did you get the sandwich into a fish shape? That is cool!

YOU ROCK!

stampmonkey said...

Cute sandwich, Jeanne! I'm sure your girls (and all those little ones at the party) thought they were the best! Sandwiches just taste better when they look cute, don't they? lol

Sorry you felt so frustrated yesterday...we all have days like that. For what it's worth, I think you your card is darling (they always are!) and you really scored with that sweet little fishy stamp set (I feel a run to JoAnn's coming on...lol).

Hope today's a better day for you!

AaronB said...

Cute card, now I might need to make a trip over to JoAnns
Thanks for Sharing
Aaron