Saturday, June 28, 2008

Inkspired by Kathi Once Again!

While I don't own the same set Kathi uses on her cards, I found this Hero Arts Friend set at Archiver's and felt it was very close to her image to have fun. I believe Kathi's stamp set is a wood mounted one from Stampin Up and I cannot use wood mounted sets. My attempts at creating would all end up the the trash can, believe me, I would have nothing to share!

Anyway...when Kathi posted these cards, I decided I had to get a stamp set similar to hers! Thanks for always inspiring me, Kathi!! I followed the Grid Technique tutorial on Splitcoaststampers. Actually, I think I have done this technique before with my Hostess Club, or something similar, but this was a good refresher since it's been a while.

I used CTMH's Simple Pleasures pattern paper and Twilight cardstock/ink. The ribbon is Cocoa organdy. Images are from Hero Art's Friend set. I used the Inkadinkado chalks to color in the background a bit.

I used paper from Basic Grey's Two Scoops 6x6 pad for the background. Twilight and Topiary cardstock. Twilight ink. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch. I pierced the dots along the top edge and the bling is from the Friend stamp set. It was a combo stamp set with embellishments.

The card is pretty straight forward, but let me know if I missed something you want to know.

It was nice being able to get into my craft room. Steve had to work this morning, so I waited until he got home before moseying out there. The girls were playing with a friend, but kept coming in and out of the house and I didn't want to be holed up in my room and not know what they were up to in case they needed something.

In a little bit we are going to a family friend's house for dinner. The son called and said they were all getting together for an informal 50th wedding anniversary celebration. How can you NOT celebrate such a milestone! The couple were good friends of my parents and we sort of lost touch after the girls were born. She called recently when a tornado devastated a town north of us, thinking we lived in that town. It should be fun catching up again. The friend who called was one of my mom's best friends when us kids were young. The son who called me is actually 11 days older than I am, so they were even pregnant together (once at least)! LOL

Anyway, I'm glad I was able to post before we left so you would have something to look at should you stop by. :o)

And Erica, I haven't done any digi scrapping in a while, but part of that is because I lost all my tags in my ACDSee program and quirky me feels like I have to retag everything before I can make another layout! Silly, I know! Maybe I'll get over myself and create something anyway...my blog header definitely needs an update. I made a dent in tagging this morning when Steve was at work and the girls were playing.

my signature 2

5 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

I'm always so tickled when I inspire you. The stamp set is perfect. As for the wood-mounted stamps, you could . . . It's just a little different. Your cards are beautiful, and I love the chalk you added to the reverse grid. Very cool. It sounds like you have a fun evening planned, and yes, 50 years is something to celebrate!

Maricar said...

Jeanne,
These are great cards.

Kim Burmeister said...

Awesome cards once again!

stampmonkey said...

Both of these cards are beautiful, Jeanne! Your grid one reminds me of a quilted bedspread or pillow -- so soft and pretty!

I hope your evening of 'catching up' with old friends was a lot of fun...and 50 years of marriage is such a rarity anymore, it's definitely a reason to celebrate!

mE said...

I love these cards, Jeanne! They have the look of digital brushes, which I LOOOOOVE.

You and Kathi are killing me! You inspire the bejeebers outta me and one of these days we have got to get together IRL and PLAY!

Hugs!

E.