Saturday, November 2, 2013

Scandanavian Wishes Cards

When I saw the October Stamp of the Month in the Close To My Heart Fall/Winter catalog, I knew I wanted to add it to my stash. I just loved it. Then, before I had the opportunity to order the set in October, I came across this card (and video) and I got even more excited to get the set. Well, last weekend I was able to make my own version of the card. Yay! Sorry to share after it is no longer available. :( Maybe it will be added to the main catalog in a future issue.



I'm really happy with the end result. I thought I had the Martha Stewart paper in my stash that the gal used, but alas, that was not the case. I did have the Diane Kappa papers that were sold along side the Martha Stewart papers at Michaels last year and I was able to make them work. 
Yay!
The Martha Stewart paper is double-sided, and the paper I had is not, so I had to cut extra paper to make it work. The card's a little heavy, but I really am happy with it. 
I used Holiday Red and Clover Meadow CTMH ink (retired colors)

While I was searching for the post again, I came across some other card ideas using the set, and I was able to recreate one of them. I found it here. I thought it was very striking.

Honestly, I think the card colors look better in person than they do in the picture. 
For this card I used Cranberry ink (mainly because I am just about out of Holiday Red cardstock)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a fabulous weekend!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Jeanne you have outdone yourself on these cards. Beautiful. Love and Hugs, Tamara

Kay Miller said...

Holy Schmoly!! This is amazing!! I really loved that stamp set when I saw it, and now after seeing your card, I want it! The detail in your card is unbelievable!! Very very wonderful work my friend!

Barb said...

Beautiful cards! I love the fold on the first one.