Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Catch Up Day for my Up & Running with Photoshop Class

I know it's been a few days since I've posted here. I have been busy creating some things, but not posting! First, I needed to make my samples for my Hostess Club, which meets this weekend. Got those done yesterday (will post soon).

Today I decided I wanted to CATCH UP on my Up & Running class that I am taking with Jessica Sprague. This week is already our final week! I'm kind of sad, because I've really enjoyed reading all the emails I've gotten and exploring what Jessica shares with us. But I am excited too because I have been learning SO much! What I have posted are the layouts I was able to complete TODAY! I know not everyone is "into" the digital scrapbook thing, but I hope you will indulge my desire to share with you what I have created. I had SO much fun doing this today.

This first layout is one I had started previous to today's catch up session, but I still had some tasks to finish. This layout is NOT done with a premade template. I put all the elements in myself (with lots of help from Jessica's video tutorial- :o) ) I know you may not be able to read the journaling, but it basically says that we went on a day trip to Golden Valley State Park to see the trout in the pond by the Visitors Center (they are huge), try our hand at fishing in a nearby pond and went on one of the trails to hike a little. Doing this reminded me of the hikes I took with my dad and brothers in the Sierra Mountains. I am thankful I can watch you enjoy the great outdoors like I did when I was a girl.

This next layout was our mid-week assignment for week three and we were given a layout template (like a blueprint) and we added our own choice of papers and pictures. I used a freebie mini kit called SunnyDaze I found on 2Peas. This kit was created by Nancie Rowe Janitz and included papers, tags and some other elements. I just used the papers. I added the journaling using fonts I had on my computer.
This next layout is our Week 4 assignment and we got papers in our course materials. I cropped the papers to fit in the grid, added the alphabets and journaling and then stamped a couple of the flourishes. We were also taught how to create that circular element. Oh and we also changed the color photo to black and white with a little sepia, too.

My final layout is our midweek assignment for week 4. We learned how to create the trapezoid picture block. Then I used papers from a kit Jessica Sprague designed for our class to create our own layout. The flowers in the corner are a part of the orange paper, but I added the the paper in the lower corner as well as that flower you see. I also added all the text you see.
Thank you so much for looking and sharing in my excitement about learning how to scrapbook digitally. I am finding it to be so much fun. I hear Jessica is going to have an intermediate level class and I can't wait to sign up for it and learn more cool things.
I'm also working on organizing all the digital goodies I have been collecting. I took a quick break from that to post here before it got too late. :o)

2 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

Love your layouts! You do such a nice job! I would never have guessed you just started with digital scrapping. I am happy to hear you got some time to be creative. Let's see more!

Felicia Fernandez said...

I love the layout of your dad. It really is a beautiful picture and truly captures so much of him. I'm excited for you that this digi scrap is going so well and actually makes me curious about it since I know absolutely nothing about it. My stuff from SC will be here tomorrow so I'm happy...hopefully the unpacking won't be too crazy. Miss ya!
Felicia