Friday, May 28, 2010

First Day of Summer Break...Gotta Get Wet!

Especially since the temperature soared to about 90 today and the local pools don't open to the public until at least Tuesday. 
We tried to go roller skating, but they don't open for daytime skating until Tuesday either.
Hmmmm....
Let's try miniature golf. 
They were open!
Yay!
It was a bit of a splurge, but heck we had to celebrate the first full day of Summer Break.
We had a great time (but I didn't have my camera with me).

When we got home, the girls were hot, so I pulled out the slip 'n slide to see if it would work right. 
Double yay!

I caught some neat (at least I thought so) shots, so here you go!


We had gone to Joann's and the Dollar Store where we picked up these soaker sticks.
Jessica didn't want Amy to get her wet, but boy, she sure didn't mind getting Amy!
She even hid by the deck to surprise her!


LoVe the expression on Jessica's face!
And Amy's.
What a happy smile!
See, Jessica didn't want Amy to squirt her.
LOL

What a fun way to spend a hot afternoon!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Laurel said...

So jealous, we are still waiting for some spring sunshine.

Kim Burmeister said...

This looks so refreshing! I love your action shots. Can't wait for the scrapbook layout.

Alanna said...

Great pics of the girls. The weather has been so gorgeous.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Having SO much fun! I love it!!! Yes, indeed, you got some FAB shots!

Kathi Carlson said...

Love this, too! Great photos. Can't wait to get the Slip N' Slide out here, too!

Jackie said...

wow..considering it is rainy and freezing here it is hard to believe that you have slip and slide weather already!

Anke said...

this just looks like total fun! My kids would be in heaven :)