Sunday, April 21, 2013

Creative Cards from Cricut

I sat down yesterday to play with the Creative Cards cartridge again. I was inspired on one from a new Northridge Publication called Cricut: Simple + Stylish. I saw that cover in a store and was instantly smitten. I thumbed through the magazine and saw several ideas I liked. So, I went home and bought the digital edition at Northridge Publishing.

Here's my version of that cover card.
I'm really happy with the final outcome. 
The directions indicated one should cut two of the trifold pieces and fill in the frame on one using Cricut Craft Room. I by passed that. I just cut two and cut off one section to cover the back of the gingham paper because it is a double sided print. I figured the brightly colored popsicles on the flip side didn't quite go with the feel of the rest of the card. LOL.  I also used an embossing folder to add a little more texture. 
Supplies:
Flower Box 6x6 pad, CTMH Heavenly Blue cardstock. AC white cardstock. Button from stash. Center of button CTMH, PTI Mixed Messages, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder Cartridges: Creative Cards, Flower Shoppe (leaf), Artiste (banner)

I'm also very happy with this card. I love that peachy color! Want more, please!

Supplies: Doodlebug's Flower Box again and all the accessory cuts for this card are cut at 5 1/2. I didn't cut the base using the Cricut because it's simply a rectangle. As you can see I dry embossed the butterflies to add a little more interest as well as adding some pearls. I'm thrilled to have some of the fish tail cuts on this cartridge that I can use on other cards. *Ü*

Pretty straight forward cards, but pretty, in my humble opinion. I'm really glad I picked up this cartridge. 

Thanks for stopping by. Hope your weekend is going well. 
Photobucket

5 comments:

Alanna said...

Both of these look fabulous Jeanne. I love the flower on the first one. You are really rocking your cricut.

Laurel said...

Beautiful cards Jeanne!

Anonymous said...

Jeanne!

Your cards are always so beautiful. I especially love the one with the flower on it. Thanks for sharing.

Love and Hugs, Tamara

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodness! How lovely are these!! That first one is really stunning! Looks like you spent hours on it! The second one is just as pretty, but in a much simpler way! Looks like you had a crafty productive weekend! Hope it was fun and warmer :)

Barb said...

Super cute cards, Jeanne! That first one is gorgeous! I love that flower detail. And you can never go wrong with beautiful patterned butterflies on a card. This one has great colors and looks like Springtime!