Sunday, April 7, 2013

Take Note Banner Birthday Card

I know I am a big time copy cat most of the time as my last card will attest. But on occasion I do try to pick out papers and such on my own. After I made the copy of Kay's card the other day, I worked on a version with papers I chose myself. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy. I think I probably should exercise that part of my brain more often. But here is what I came up with using Doodlebug's new line called Take Note.
It really is a trial and error process isn't it? I had initially picked out different papers, but upon working with them, I realized they really didn't look all that great, so I fiddled and futzed and ended up with this look, which I am much happier with. 

Supplies:
Take Note 6x6 paper pad
Cricut cartridges: Pretty Pennants (to make banner template), Artiste (label)
Nestabilities: Circle, Scalloped Circle
Stamp: Birthday Basics from Papertrey Ink
Border punches: Martha Steward, Fiskars
Flower punches, Gems: various from stash

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Love this card! I love the colors, patterns and sketch!

Barb said...

I love it, Jeanne! Pattern mixing can be tricky, but you've done a great job with it!