Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Crocheted Flower Cards

My friends and I had another crafty playdate on Sunday. Whoo hooo! I wasn't quite as productive this time, but I do have a couple of cards to share. I found a pattern online (via Pinterest) for a nice looking coaster flower here. That link sent me here. I decided to see if I could comfortably crochet and used Aunt Lydia's cotton crochet thread and a size 8 hook for the flowers. I really like how the flowers look.

This first card was inspired by one I saw on the cover of a special issue of Cardmakers magazine. I don't have the magazine, I was just struck by the green and white card. The inspiration card used a Martha Stewart anywhere punch, but I found this cut on the Paper Lace 2 cartridge and I cut it at 4 inches. The inspiration card used a button, but I couldn't find a good match, so that's why I thought I could crochet the flower. 

This next card was inspired by this one on Pinterest.  On Sunday I was having a devil of a time getting the quilt look I wanted, so I gave up then. Today I sat down and knocked this out in just a little bit. I think I was trying too hard earlier. LOL 














In case you didn't know, that paper is Family Ties, one of my most favorite 6x6 pads!

And, I think Mother Nature got her seasons mixed up. This is a photo taken of our deck this morning.

We've had more snow this spring than we had all winter. 
I'm not really complaining as we desperately need the moisture, but I'd be happier if it came in the form of rain this time of year.

Thanks for stopping by! 
Hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Laurel said...

OMG, that snow! wow! Lovely cards, love the crocheted flowers!

Barb said...

Your crocheted flowers turned out beautifully! I love the cards you created, too. The quilted one has my mind racing with ideas!

I love your snowy photo! Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanne!

Of course you probably already know that these 2 card are my most favorite; because of the cute crochet flowers. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them. :) Thanks for sharing them.

Love and Hugs, Tamara

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanne!

Of course you probably already know that these 2 card are my most favorite; because of the cute crochet flowers. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them. :) Thanks for sharing them.

Love and Hugs, Tamara

Alanna said...

These are so beautiful Jeanne. I love those gorgeous flowers and the beautiful cards you've made with them.

Our deck looks the same. I've had to shovel 3 times in the last 2 1/2 days. Crazy.

Kay Miller said...

OH MY!! I can't believe you got that much snow yesterday!! Holy cow!! We are in the 80's today! I think the cold stuff is coming again though... anyway your cards are AMAZING!!! I love the crocheted flowers! They are so cute. I might have to try that. It's been while since I crocheted, but I think I could still remember how to do it. Anyway they are both stunning, but I absolutely adore the second one with the patchwork!! Soooo cute!