Monday, June 8, 2020

Celebrate-The Greetery Cake Pops and Pinwheel Stencils

 Hello!
I hope your week is off to a good start. 

I've got a fun project to share today. My friend, Kay, at My Joyful Moments, posted projects for The Greetery's May and 1st Anniversary Release recently.  I became completely smitten and had to have them so I could join in the fun. 
*Ü*
I pretty much CASEd Kay's projects, tweaking a bit here and there based on supplies I had. By the time I ordered, some of the products were already out of stock. No matter, I was still able to have fun creating. 
Feel free to click on the images to enlarge the photos. 
Kay added a cord to the base of her cake. I didn't have any cord, but I thought this 1/8th inch ribbon looked nice. I also just had to add the tiny pink bling on the cake plate. I also added some "frosting" to the flower centers. 

View from the top!

I ordered the pinwheel stencils and could not believe how easy these were to use to make an amazing card! I found a video ont the Greetery's You Tube page that shows how to use them, but basically you just follow the markings on each stencil. So fun!
I used Distress Oxide Inks to create the pinwheels: Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmalade. There is a fun stamp set that has the sentiment Let's Party, but it was sold out. So I used an MFT Celebrate die. Too bad you can't see the glitter from my Nuvo Shimmer Pen. The banner is from a Greetery mini add on die and stamp set. The Let's Party stamp set has super fun star images that Kay used on her card. Well I had to get creative and searched my stamp collection to find Lawn Fawn's Party Animal set with confetti type images. The star stamp is from Hello Sunshine. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.
I hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs, 

7 comments:

Anita in France said...

That's such a fun, vibrant card, Jeanne ... so celebratory and full of energy! Your cake is brilliant ... all the tiny decorative details are fabulous ... right down to the 'frosting' ... so pretty (and yummy goodies inside too!). Hugs, Anita :)

Kay Miller said...

You are so sweet to mention me! Thank you so much!! Your projects turned out beautifully!! I love how you changed up a few things! And the candy in your cake matches way better than mine did! Heheh! I'm so glad you had fun using your new things! Can't wait to see some more creations from you!! ((Hugs))

I Card Everyone said...

Two darling projects that are definitely worth celebrating, Jeanne!!! What a sweet little cake - STARBURSTs are a favorite 'round here - especially these little chewy buggers! Make them sour, and I'll come running! lol
Just love your stenciled card - gorgeous color choices, and the sweetest confetti-toss of teensy stamping... thanks so much for sharing with us, Jeanne! You're on a roll, and I love it!
=]

Lynn Put said...

Such a beautiful birthday set! Kay is always an inspiration. I love what you’ve created with these new products! I really wanted to order from this release but I decided to wait and see what the new Lawn Fawn release would have and then make my decision.

Thank you so much for always leaving such wonderful comments on my blog, it really makes my day and lets me know that people still actually visit my blog.

Darnell said...

What a treat this is - literally what a treat this is! I love Kay and I think you did a brilliant job of CASEing her, Jeanne! I just love how colorful and festive everything is, with lots of attention to the tiniest detail! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Creaellenknutselsite said...

what a beautiful card you've made
hugs ellen

Alanna said...

This is just pure deliciousness that you've posted here. I almost placed my first order with The Greetery for this release but then was too late as most things were sold out.