Saturday, June 6, 2020

Lawn Fawn Slimline Village Heros Card

Hello!
I hope this finds you hanging in there after a really rough couple of weeks. 
No words can take away the pain of anyone during these troubled times. My heart goes out to all involved. We just have to commit to opening our hearts to seeing, learning and doing better. 
Heartfelt Hugs!

I decided to keep working on cards as I process everything. 


I made my first ever slimline card!
These are cards that measure 3 1/2 by 8 1/2 and fit into a business size envelope. I've been seeing them more and more as I navigate around the web. 
Trinity Stamps is a new to me company who sells slimline dies and I picked up a couple of sets from them. I was pleasently surprised when I received my goodies to also receive a tea bag and a small baggie of embellishments. What a lovely touch! They sell stamps and dies and fantastic sequins as well. 
Lawn Fawn just came out with slimline dies in their Mini Relase in May. I haven't purchased any yet.
They are definitely getting more popular. 

So, Lawn Fawnatics just posted a new challenge on their blog to create a scene. I've been wanting to use my new slimline dies and use the Village Heros Set. I watched a video by Nichol Spohr after seeing her post here on using this and other coordinating sets. Her cards inspired mine. 

Now after all that, please enjoy my first ever slimline card using my new Trinity Slimline Dies and Lawn Fawn Village Heros stamp set and dies. 



In addition to Village Heros, I used images from Village Shops and Happy Village. I also pulled out the my mountain border die set. I colored with Copic Markers, following inspiration from the colors Nichol used on her cards. 

I want to post this challenge on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog and on 
Darnell's NBUS Challenge Blog-Challenge 15. Nbus stands for Never Before Used Stuff.
If I am not allowed to post this card to both, I do hope someone will be kind enough to let me know. 

Thanks for stopping by.
I hope you have a lovely day.


11 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

Oh my goodness! This little scene is adorable! Awesome job on your first slime line card. You nailed it!

Creaellenknutselsite said...

Hello Jeanne, I am your new follower. Your work is stunning.
Hugs Ellen

I Card Everyone said...

Hello Jeanne!! I LOVE your first slimline card! and this darling Village... the only thing missing is The Village People, and a YMCA! Just kidding... it's absolutely adorable and perfect in every way - OH my goodness the detail, your coloring - I'll stop now, 'cuz I want to enbiggen it to see more!!
=]

Anita in France said...

Oh my, Jeanne ... I'm almost speechless! What a wonderful scene ... there's so much depth, dimension and interest ... and the detailing and colouring is awesome! Cute and completely adorable! Hugs, Anita :)

Kay Miller said...

Can I just ditto all the comments above and then add some more! LOL! This card is ADORABLE!! What an amazing little scene you have created! Your first ever slimline card is just wonderful! Your coloring of all the little buildings and vehicles is so good! I love it!! I want to see more of these!! Happy Sunday! (Hugs)

Joyce Heinen said...

This scene is just fab. I love the colors. This looks like a picture straight from a story book. Thanks for sharing your project with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!!

scrappymo! said...

Your card is so sweet. Love that teensy scene. I need to look over my smaller version dies and try to create a slim line card now!

Lynn Put said...

This is adorable! So full of color and fun images. You’ve created a such a cute scene. I need to add those mountain dies to my wish list.

Gab said...

Gorgeous scene

Darnell said...

Oh, wow, how fantastic is this little village! You must have had the best time putting it all together, Jeanne! A create your own sort of jigsaw puzzle! It's perfect!! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Gloria said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! SUPER CUTE!! I went to see the dies and just drooled. I wish I had a huge bank account because the entire collection would be added!! Your card is just perfect.

Gloria from Utah :)